This white chocolate cranberry cheesecake is smooth and creamy with the perfect pop of tartness and holiday tang. Perfect for gathering during the holidays.
- 1 package plus 2 full strips regular graham crackers
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3- 8 ounce packages cream cheese at room temperature. I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Philadelphia. I have tried many different kinds of cream cheese. Some end up chunky, some a little grainy. Philadelphia is the absolute best for cheesecake
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 8 oz. white chocolate, melted*
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Allow cream cheese to sit at room temperature for 1 hour, eggs for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350*F. Butter a springform pan and wrap it in foil, bringing the foil up over the edges to keep pan from leaking.
- Whisk cold water, lemon juice and cornstarch together in small bowl.
- Combine cornstarch mixture with cranberries and sugar in pan over medium heat and stir.
- Bring to a boil stirring regularly.
- The mixture will thicken and turn more transparent as it boils. After it thickens and turns transparent it's done!
- Remove from heat and allow to cool while making the rest of the cheesecake.
- Combine cornstarch, 1/4 cup sugar and one package of cream cheese in a large bowl. Mix on medium low until well combined and smooth. Scrape down the sides every minute and mix 3-4 minutes total.
- Add the rest of the cream cheese one package at a time, for about one minute each, scraping down the sides after adding each one.
- Next add the sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and mix to combine.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium high and add the eggs one at a time, mixing about 30 seconds with each added egg. Scrape the bowl after each additional egg. The mixture should be smooth and beautiful and creamy.
- Add the melted white chocolate** and mix until combined.
- Finally, add the whipping cream. Mix on medium speed only until just combined, being careful not to over mix.
**Melting the White Chocolate
- The quickest and easiest way to melt white chocolate is to do it in the microwave. To ensure that it doesn't burn, break the chocolate up into small pieces (if using chips, this step is already done) and start with 30 seconds the first time. Mix with a spoon, even if it doesn't look like it will mix. Sometimes chocolate will melt on the inside and hold its shape. Microwave in 15 second increments afterwards, mixing after each time, until the white chocolate has fully melted. You may also consider using the double boiler method.
Pour the cheesecake filling onto the crust.
Spoon the cranberry filling onto the cheesecake filling in small spoonfuls. Using a damp finger, gently press the cranberry filling into the cheesecake filling. Don't be afraid to push some of them down in a ways. Then get a knife and swirl the fillings together using a figure 8 motion. Be careful not to do this too much or the cake will turn pink!
Bake in a preheated oven in a water bath. Place the springform pan in a large pan and fill with water until water goes halfway up the pan.
Bake for 70-80 minutes until it just starts to turn golden and jiggles slightly but has some stability when gently jiggled.
******One of the most important steps in making a cheesecake is not cooling it too quickly. Do Not stick your cheesecake immediately in the fridge. Allow it to cool on the counter at LEAST 2 hours, preferably 3-4. Then refrigerate another 4 hours or longer before serving.
- This step is optional and is mostly for decoration. Though they taste decent, the cheesecake is wonderful without them. I highly recommend this recipe to make them!
Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can be made ahead of time and frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw at least one hour before serving.
Feel free to top with whipped cream!
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 75 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cranberry cheesecake, white chocolate cranberry cheesecake, christmas cheesecake, thanksgiving cheesecake, cranberry white chocolate cheesecake, cheesecake, holiday dessert ideas, holiday dessert