Creamy Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta is a creamy pasta with the delicious flavor of butternut, nutmeg, and rosemary tossed with spinach.
Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 butternut squash chopped into 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch squares, about 3-4 cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
Creamy Pasta Sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups spinach
- 8 ounces cooked penne pasta
- Preheat oven to 420
- Cut squash into 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch pieces. In a large bowl mix the chopped squash with olive oil, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and rosemary. Spread the seasoned butternut squash on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Roast the squash for 20 minutes or until tender. A fork should slide through the squash easily.
- Once the squash is roasted prepare the noodles according to package instructions.
- To make the sauce, make a roux with flour and butter. Melt the butter on medium heat in a large sauce pan. Add in flour and mix until it makes a paste. Add in garlic and diced onion and saute until onion is tender.
- Add in the milk, rosemary, nutmeg, and salt and cook on a low simmer until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Toss the spinach into the creamy sauce and mix together until wilted.
- Mix in drained and cooked pasta with the creamy pasta sauce and spinach. Toss until the noodles are well coated.
- Gently fold in the butternut squash into the pasta and sauce mixture. Be sure to be gentle as to not squash the squash as it will be tender.
- Add additional salt if desired.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese and a side of our Easy Baguette Recipe.
- Roast your butternut squash the day before to have on hand when needed. It warms back up perfectly and tastes great.
- Cut the butternut squash into 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch pieces in order for them to soften quickly.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: DInner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American, Italian
Keywords: Creamy butternut squash pasta, Butternut squash pasta, Butternut squash pasta noodles, Roasted butternut squash pasta, Butternut squash pasta recipe, What does butternut squash pair well with?, butternut squash, healthy Alfredo, fall recipe,