Learn how to make Edible Brownie Batter with this recipe! Quick and easy, it's the perfect treat plain or used as a dip!
- 1/3 cup butter, softened (I used salted)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2-4 Tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup heat treated all-purpose flour (see below)
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Heat treat your flour one of two ways:
- In the oven: Bake at 350* F. for 5 minutes
- In the microwave: Cook in 3 30 second intervals, stirring between each one.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or with a mixing bowl and hand mixer, beat butter and sugars on high for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and 2 Tablespoons of the milk and beat on high about 90 seconds. It should be silky and smooth. This step is important to dissolve the sugars so that the brownie batter isn't grainy and gritty.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour and salt and mix on low with the hand mixer or use a spatula to combine. Stir just until combined. Add more milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and chunks.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- We do not recommend freezing.
- Prep Time: 12
- Category: dessert
- Method: stirring
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: edible brownie batter, brownie batter, how to make edible brownie batter, brownie batter dip, edible brownie batter for one,