These yummy jerk chicken tacos are spicy, sweet and tangy and so full of flavor. They'll be your new go-to taco recipe!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package jerk seasoning, reserving 1 1/2 teaspoons for dressing
- 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons jerk seasoning, reserved from packet used for marinade
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pineapple
- 1 small head of cabbage (I used purple)
- Cut raw chicken into 1 inch cubes and place in a bowl. Pour lime juice and olive oil and top and stir to combine. Add garlic, brown sugar and jerk seasoning and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate 2-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425. Place chicken in a 9x13 baking dish and bake for 10 minutes. Remove chicken and stir then return to the oven. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165*F.
- Assemble tacos. Place meat on a tortilla then top with cabbage, cilantro, jerk sauce and pineapple.
Store ingredients separately in air tight containers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Chicken can be frozen in airtight container for up to 2 months.
It isn't recommended to freeze the other ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: dinner
- Method: cooking
- Cuisine: tex mex
Keywords: jamaican jerk chicken tacos, jerk chicken tacos with pineapple, jerk chicken tacos with mango, jamaican jerk tacos, jerk tacos,