These Best Ever Oreo Cheesecake Cookies are chewy, fudgy chocolate cookies topped with cheesecake frosting and Oreo crumbles.
- 14 Tablespoons butter (7/8 cup), slightly softened (remove from fridge about 30 minutes before starting)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 10 chopped Oreos into various sizes.
For the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Beat the butter and sugars on medium high speed for 2 minutes until lightened. Add eggs and vanilla and beat another 1 minute. It should be light and fluffy.
- Add cocoa powder, flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. I like to sprinkle the salt, baking soda and powder across the flour to ensure there are no clumps. Mix on low until just combined. Make sure to not over mix.
- Chill at least one hour.
- Place 1/4 cup sized cookie dough balls on a baking sheet. These make large cookies, only 6 per sheet! Press the dough down slightly with your fingers.
- Bake at 350*F for 10-12 minutes. Cookies are done when the tops are matte and the edges are just set. Do not over bake or they will be dry and crumbly instead of chewy and fudgy. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing.
For the cheesecake frosting:
- Mix butter and cream cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add vanilla and powdered sugar and beat until smooth. For a thicker frosting, add up to 1/2 cup more powdered sugar.
- Place frosting in a piping bag or ziploc bag. cut a hole about 1/8"- 1/4" in diameter in the piping bag or corner of the ziploc.
- Pipe onto FULLY COOLED cookie. Start on the outside of the cookie. Following the edge of the cookie, work in a circular swirl pattern working your way to the center of the cookie.
- Chop Oreos into random sized pieces and top cookies.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store cookies and cheesecake frosting separately. Store frosting in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Cookies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days. They won't go bad for 6-7 days, but the texture is best for the first 3 days.
To freeze: Place fresh cookies in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months. Thaw at room temperature. No need to reheat.
It is not recommended to freeze the cheesecake frosting.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oreo cheesecake cookies, oreo cookies, oreo crumbl cookies, cookies and cream cookies, cookies and cream cheesecake cookies,