Simple, quick and easy homemade gnocchi with a wonderful taste of parmesan.
- 2 1/2 cup mashed potatoes*
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a large bowl, add mashed potatoes*, and flour. Add egg, parmesan and salt and pepper. Mix all together until dough is formed in a ball. You may need to use your hands to work the dough.
- Divide the dough into 4 parts. Roll each part into a snake. With kitchen shears, cut dough into 1/2 inch long pieces.
- Stove top, boil another pot of water on high heat on the. Once water is boiling, add a single layer of gnocchi bites to the pot. When done, gnocchi will float to the top. Approximately 3 minutes. Scoop gnocchi out into a bowl with a slotted spoon avoiding any excess water.
- Top gnocchi with your favorite cheese, herb and butter sauce, or roasted veggies.
- *Need a quick easy way to mash potatoes?
- Peel and cube potatoes into small pieces.
- Place a pot of water on the stovetop to boil. Once water is boiling, place potato pieces in the pot and boil until tender. About 10 minutes. Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl.
- Mash tender potato pieces with a potato smasher or hand mixer until smooth.
- Sprinkle gnocchi bites with flour to avoid sticking to one another.
- Have leftover mashed potatoes? Perfect! You may need to adjust the salt and pepper or omit altogether depending on how your mashed potatoes are seasoned.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Gnocchi, easy, quick steps, Parmesan, healthy, delicious, easy gnocchi dinner, easy gnocchi dishes, easy gnocchi meal, simple gnocchi