Learn how to make this Easy Peach Hand Pie recipe using fresh, frozen, or canned peaches for the filling. These simple, homemade, mini pies use puff pastry and come together in minutes. Whether baked in the oven, or cooked in the air fryer, you will fall in love with this tasty hand held dessert.
This is a perfect recipe for peach season! Looking for a way to use extra peaches during peach season? These hand held pies are a perfect and delicious ways to use them up.
- Peaches - Fresh are best, but canned or frozen peaches will work as well.
- Puff Pastry
- Vanilla Extract
- Pure Maple syrup or Honey
- Table Salt
See recipe card for quantities.
- Preheat the oven to 400 *F. Peel and cut fresh peaches into slices. Put fruit slices into a medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Add cornstarch, vanilla, pure maple syrup, and a pinch of salt to the fruit in the mixing bowl and mix until well coated.
3. Lay thawed puff pastry flat. Cut the dough sheet into 6 equal pieces. 2 cuts lengthwise and 1 cut down the middle.
4. With each rectangle, cut 5-6 small strips lengthwise. Stop halfway down the length of the pastry.
5. Place 3-4 peach slices on the non cut side of the puff pastry. Pull each strip over the peach filling and attach to the other side of the dough.
With a baking baster, brush the top of the pie with milk.
6. Put the folded pastry onto a prepared parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 13 minutes.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy these amazing peach hand pies!
Air Fryer Method : Preheat the air fryer to 370 *F. Air fry for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Remember that not all air fryers are created equal and you may need to adjust the cook time accordingly.
Hint: If you want your peaches a little sweeter, add an extra ½ tablespoon of maple syrup or ½ teaspoon of sugar.
- Gluten Free - Use gluten free puff pastry to make this a gluten free option.
- Dairy Free - Skip brushing the top of the pastry with milk to help make this a dairy free option. Be sure to get a puff pastry that uses palm oil or another vegetable oil instead of butter.
- Frozen Peaches- Instead of fresh peaches, use frozen peaches. Be sure to thaw and drain any excess liquid before using.
- Canned Peaches - Use canned peaches instead of fresh peaches. Be sure to drain excess juices and note that the filling may be slightly runnier than fresh peaches. This can be avoided by added a little more cornstarch.
- Honey - Use honey as a sweetener instead of pure maple syrup.
- Crescent Rolls- Instead of using puff pastry, use crescent roll dough. Roll the peach filling in the dough instead of cutting strips of dough like you would the puff pastry.
- Pillsbury Pie Crust - Cut the pillsbury pie crust in the same shape and strips as you would the puff pastry.
- Biscuit Dough - Using pop can biscuit dough, roll flat and wrap the peach filling int he biscuit dough instead of using the puff pastry.
- Mango - Make this a peach mango pastry by adding ½ cup sliced mango to the filling mixture.
- Blueberry - Make this a blueberry peach hand pie by adding ½ cup of fresh or frozen blueberries to the fruit mixture.
- Raspberry - Add fresh or frozen raspberries, about ½ cup to the fruit filling for a peach raspberry tasty treat.
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Basting Brush
- Air Fryer - if you are cooking using an air fryer instead of an oven, this is our personal favorite!
Store extra pastries in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
When ready to serve again, reheat in an air fryer or toast in the oven to maintain the crisp texture of the pastry you love.
You can reheat them in the microwave but the pastries will not have the same texture as before.
Make sure to wet the ends of each strip of pastry before folding the strip over the peaches. This will help get them to stick to the uncut side of the pastry and keep everything together.
Easy Peach Hand Pie
- 2 cups fresh peaches about 2-3 peaches
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut, peel and slice peaches. Put the peach slices into a medium sized mixing bowl. Add in the cornstarch, vanilla, and the pure maple syrup. Add in a pinch of salt and gently mix all together.
- With thawed puff pastry sheet, cut the sheet into 6 equal pieces (2 cuts lengthwise and one cut down the middle). With each piece, cut the pastry into small strips (about 5-6 strips), lengthwise, stopping halfway down the length of the pastry.
- Put 3-4 peach slices on the uncut side of pastry and top with a small spoonful of juice. See photos above for a great visual.
- Pull each strip over the peaches to seal them into the pastry. To help the strips stick to the uncut side of the pastry, get the tip slightly wet with the juices or water.
- Carefully transfer each pastry onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Brush each pastry top with milk.
- Cook each pastry for 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once the pastries are done, sprinkle each pastry with powder sugar and enjoy warm!
- Air Fryer Method : Try the air fryer instead of the oven! Preheat the air fryer to 370 *F. Place the hand pie at the bottom of the basket and air fry for 5-7 minutes. Not all air fryers are created equal and you may need to adjust the cook time to fit the brand and style you have.
- See variations above to add extra fruit!
- If you want your peaches a little sweeter, add an extra ½ tablespoon of maple syrup or ½ teaspoon of sugar.
- Make sure to wet the ends of each strip of pastry before folding over the peaches. This will help get them to stick to the uncut side of the pastry and keep everything together.
- When ready to serve again, reheat in an air fryer or toast in the oven to maintain a crisp texture of the pastry. You can reheat them in the microwave but the pastries will not have the same texture as before.