Get ready for this tasty and simple homemade copycat Hello Fresh Fry Seasoning perfect for everything from french fries to roasted vegetables. Make this seasoning at home with this easy diy recipe and get that savory taste you love.
Hellofresh has made such a good fry seasoning, we just had to figure out how to make our own version. Best yet, you can sprinkle this flavor on so many different side dishes, it's very versatile.
Though the company keeps the exact ingredients and ratios a secret, we feel like this combinations of spices really captures the flavors. You can't go wrong with this homemade version of this beloved seasoning. Try it sprinkled on these halloumi fries!
Take our tasty air fryer recipes to the next level by sprinkling on the goodness. Before placing in the air fryer toss this tasty seasoning with our air fryer asparagus, air fryer brussels sprouts, air fryer sweet potato fries, air fryer smashed potatoes, and our air fryer green beans.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Easy- We are all about the easy recipes and this is no exception! This recipe comes together in less than 5 minutes.
- Copycat Recipe- We love a good copycat, diy, recipe. Anytime you can make something from scratch, it's a win!
- Kid Friendly- Kids will love the extra flavoring this brings to vegetables, homemade fries, and grilled meats.
- Fun- It's always fun to make your own seasoning especially when you can mimic a famous season you can't buy in stores.
- Large Batch- This makes a large batch that you can store in an air tight container and use over and over again.
- Versatile- Even though this is called fry seasoning, it can be used on so many different dishes. We love putting it on roasted and air fryer vegetables, and grilled meats.
This is a simple recipe and doesn't require complicated ingredients. Luckily most of these spices are pantry staples.
- Garlic Powder- Garlic powder is half of the base of this seasoning. Pair with the onion powder, they compliment one another.
- Onion Powder- The other half of the base giving the seasoning a strong flavor.
- Paprika- Give this dish a slightly sweet and peppery taste without using salt or ground pepper.
See recipe card for quantities.
While this recipe is simple, be sure to check out these process shots for best results.
- Add garlic powder to a mixing bowl.
2. Next add the onion powder with the garlic powder.
3.Pour the paprika into the bowl with the other spices.
4. Mix together until evenly mixed.
Hint: Use a fork to help whisk the spices together. This will help evenly disperse the spices so you have a good mixture.
Substitutions and Variations
Look to these substitutions and variations to get ideas on how to best use these tasty seasoning.
- Smoked Paprika - for a deeper smokey taste, use smoke paprika instead of traditional paprika. Substitute at a 1:1 ratio.
- French Fry Seasoning - This is traditionally used for french fries by hellofresh and it's great addition to frozen french fries or fresh cut potatoes.
- Waffle Fry Seasoning - Turn frozen waffles fries from the freezer isle into some thing special by tossing this seasoning with them.
- Steak Fry Seasoning - Another great way to use this seasoning is tossing it with frozen steak fries.
- Curly Fry Seasoning - Curly fries can also be enhance with this tasty seasoning sprinkled on.
For this simple recipe you will need a Mixing Bowl in order to properly mix all the spices together. Make sure it's big enough so you don't spill over the sides.
Store mixed seasoning in an air tight container in the pantry with your other spices. You want to make sure it's in an air tight container so no moisture gets in and hardens the mixture.
Hello fresh fry seasoning does not stand well to freezing unless it's been vacuumed sealed.
Get creative on how you use this tasty flavor. It can go beyond fries and season roasted vegetables, air fried vegetables, grilled chicken or pork.
Every fry seasoning is different. It's a unique blend of spices in order to capture a particular flavor. For this hello fresh fry seasoning, we combine the flavors or garlic, onion, and paprika.
To make fry seasoning you evenly mix together spices in order to get a unique flavor. For this recipe we use garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
Fry seasoning is a blend of spices that help enhance the flavor of frozen or fresh fries. It's great way to add flavor without just using salt.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are our favorite dishes to serve with Hello Fresh Fry Seasoning:
Hello Fresh Fry Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons onion powder
- Combine the paprika, garlic powder and onion powder together in a bowl. Use on french fries, sweet potato fries or anything else you want to add flavor to! See photos above for a great visual.