Learn how to make crispy Frozen Sweet Potato Fries made in the air fryer. Full of flavor and so delicious! Using store bought frozen sweet potatoes and throwing them in the Ninja Foodi (any air fryer will work though) makes them so easy to make!
This was inspired by our sweet potato air fryer chunks on this site. We wanted to create an even easier way to make them for when we don't have time to peel and chop. They pair well with our homemade taquitos, Bacon Wrapped Chicken, Crab Melt, and chicken suiza sandwiches.
- avocado oil or other oil such as olive or vegetable
- parsley- use dried here, not fresh
- salt- table salt or pink himalayan
- garlic powder
See recipe card for quantities.
- Preheat air fryer to 360*F.
2. Place frozen sweet potatoes in a bowl. Drizzle in the avocado oil and mix to combine. Sprinkle parsley, cumin and salt and mix to combine.
3. Brush a light coating of avocado oil on your air fryer basket. Add potatoes to the basket and spread evenly.
4. Air fry for 8 minutes and remove basket and shake or use a spatula to mix.
5. Air fry for 7-10 more minutes, until they reach desired doneness.
Hint: Brushing that light coat of oil on the bottom of your basket will prevent the sweet potatoes from sticking and make for a much easier clean up!
- russet or other regular potato varieties- We've made these with regular white potatoes and the same seasonings and they are really good and actually crisp up a little bit better. Leave the skins on (but well cleaned) for all the nutrients potatoes have to offer
- Oil- free air fryer sweet potato fries- It's fine to omit the oil. The oil does aid a little bit in creating that crisp exterior and moistness in the middle. The fries will be a little drier inside without it.
- Spicy - add 2 teaspoons chili pepper flakes to the seasonings for some added heat. Yum!
- Cajun - add 1 ½ teaspoons of your favorite cajun seasoning to the seasoning blend. Since cajun seasoning usually adds salt, skip adding salt.
- air fryer- we used the Ninja Foodi Grill XL
- large mixing bowl- the fries will fit in a medium sized mixing bowl but you'll want plenty of room for stirring them when mixing in the oil and seasonings
These don't store all that great. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
How to reheat sweet potato fries in the air fryer: Reheat for 6-8 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through. It is not recommended to reheat in the microwave- they will be soggy!
Making Crispy Fries
For extra crispy fries, spread the fries out in an even layer on the bottom of the basket in a single layer. I tried both ways and making the whole bag at once provided me with lightly crisped fries, while a single layer made them extra crispy. For reference I use the Ninja Foodi XL.
They were probably overcrowded in the air fryer. Sweet potatoes release a lot of steam while they cook
Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in Air Fryer
- 20 oz. bag frozen sweet potato fries
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil or other oil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 ¾ teaspoon salt
- Preheat air fryer to 360*F.
- Place frozen sweet potato fries in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the oil across the potatoes, spreading it as much as you can while drizzling. Because they are frozen, it's harder to mix the oil in. Mix to combine.
- Measure parsley, cumin and salt onto the potatoes, also spreading them across the potatoes as much as you can. Mix with a spatula to combine.
- Lightly brush the basket of the air fryer with oil.
- Spread sweet potatoes out in the basket and air fry for 8 minutes.
- Shake basket or use a spatula to turn and mix the potatoes. Air fry an additional 6-9 minutes depending on desired doneness.