Bacon wrapped chicken is a quick and easy go-to family meal that's real good, moist, and has the fantastic taste of bacon. Whether you are looking for a simple at home meal or something different to spice things up, this chicken recipe is perfection. This easy recipe comes together quickly and cooks in the oven, grill, or even the air fryer.
You can make this fun keto friendly recipe as a main dish, or use smaller pieces of chicken like tenders, or drumsticks, to make the perfect appetizer for your next dinner party.
Pair this bacon and chicken dish with air fryer asparagus or air fryer brussels sprouts and air fryer sweet potato fries for a complete show stopping meal. Serve with honey mustard, ranch or bbq sauce.
- Chicken Breast- Skinless, Boneless
- Bacon- while thick cut bacon is delicious, wrapping the chicken is best with thin sliced bacon.
- Garlic Powder
- Table Salt
- Dried Parsley
- Black Pepper
See recipe card for quantities.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder, salt, and parsley. Mix together.
2. Pat the raw chicken breast with a paper towel to git rid of any excess water. Place the chicken breasts in a baking pan side by side.
3. Season the chicken breasts with the prepared seasoning. Season both sides for full favor.
4. Wrap the raw chicken breast with bacon. Overlap the bacon slightly to cover the chicken completely. Each breast may need 2-3 pieces of bacon depending on the size. Try to tuck bacon ends under the chicken to prevent the bacon from unrolling.
5. Cook chicken in the oven at 375*F for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165* F. You can check the thickest part of the chicken with a standard meat thermometer. The bacon will be crispy on the outside while the chicken will be moist and tender.
Hint: Want the bacon extra crispy? Cook for 30 minutes at 375*F and then bump the temperature up to 400*F for an additional 5 minutes to crisp the bacon. Make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through before consuming.
- Oven- see instructions above. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes at 375*F.
- Air Fryer - Air fry the prepared chicken breast at 360* F for 9 minutes, flip and cook for another 9 minutes. Cook time will vary depending on size of chicken. It's done when the thickest internal part is 165*F.
- Grill - Heat grill to medium heat and grill prepared skinless boneless chicken breast (8-12 oz) for about 15 minutes, or until internal temperature is 165* F. The grill time will vary depending on the size of the chicken and the cut (thigh, drumstick, or breast).
- Smoker- use a green egg, or Traeger smoker to have the perfect smoked bacon taste. Follow instructions for smoking chicken based on the type of smoker you have.
- Skewers- For easy handling when grilling or using another method, slide a skewer through the center of the chicken breast and out the other side.
- Chicken Thighs- Instead of using chicken breasts, use thighs. Because they are smaller, the cook time will be less.
- Chicken Tenders - Substitute chicken breasts for chicken tenders. Using chicken tenders will give you smaller portions that are perfect for parties and appetizers. Or for quicker cook times.
- Turkey bacon- Instead of using bacon, use turkey bacon to wrap around the chicken. Note that turkey bacon is different in nature and will not crisp up in the same way that regular bacon does.
- Smoked bacon - Use smoked bacon for an additional flavor burst. Also look at using maple bacon for a flavor boost.
- Drumsticks- For a fun appetizer to eat with your hands type of meal, consider using drumsticks.
- Cheese- Add shredded cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese to the top of the uncooked chicken breast before wrapping with bacon.
- Brown sugar- Add 1 teaspoon of brown sugar with the other spices for a sweet taste to the chicken and bacon.
- Bbq- Make this barbecue style by topping the cooked meal with barbecue sauce.
- Jalapeño- Make it spicy by adding jalapeño to the dish. Thinly slice jalapeño and place on top of the uncooked chicken breast. Wrap the chicken and the jalapeño with the bacon for a spicy kick.
- Cream cheese- Before wrapping the chicken with bacon, spread ½ tablespoon of cream cheese to the top of the uncooked chicken. Add the jalapeño on top of the cream cheese for an ultimate chicken experience.
Store cooked chicken breast in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
This meal does not stand well to freezing.
Reheat leftovers in the microwave, oven, or the air fryer. The air fryer is a fast way to reheat the chicken and keep the bacon crispy.
Make sure to buy thin to medium sliced bacon. Thick bacon is harder to work with. It tears easily when stretched and doesn't cover as much of the chicken. Thinner sliced bacon will form around the chicken more easily covering more ground with one piece. It won't tear as easily when manipulated around the chicken.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat