Learn how to make frozen Air Fryer Pizza Rolls/ Bites: Crispy and crunchy, just like they were made to be, they are taken to the next level with a delicious and easy Garlic Parmesan flavor. These were inspired by the Tik Tok pizza roll recipe but made in the air fryer instead of frying. We used Totino's pizza bites, but any brand will work!
Always a popular snack for kids, teenagers and young adults. Made in the air fryer, the texture is everything you hoped it would be. I will actually eat them made this way and I think they taste great!
These are especially great for things like football parties, kid birthday parties, March Madness, or World Cup parties. They make a great appetizer or side dish or just a great dish on the party food table.
Try this other air fryer Italian dish. Air fryer ravioli is a fun recipe to try!
What I Like About This Recipe
I like that the texture of air fried pizza rolls/ bites is so much better when made in the air fryer! I also like them tossed in the spices and parmesan for some extra flavor and oomph to make them yummier. I love how quick and easy they are as a snack and that you don't have to wait for them to thaw, just use them frozen.
Below is a list of ingredients needed for this recipe. Follow our tips on each ingredient for best results.
- Totino's pizza bites (or another brand) We tested this recipe with multiple brands, and foudn that our personal favorite was Totino's, but that you should just use whatever your favorite brand is.
- butter, melted
- garlic seasoning spread -OR- garlic powder and parsley- we tested this recipe repeatedly the get the best taste and balance of flavor. It's amazing what the difference of using the butter and seasonings makes on this recipe!
- parmesan cheese - it adds the perfect touch!
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Tiktok Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
Use these process shots to help get the results you are wanting. The pictures can help with texture and be a visual guide for best results.
1. Preheat air fryer to 390*F. Place frozen pizza bites in the air fryer basket and cook for 7-8 minutes, shaking at minute 4. No need for them to be in a single layer, just make sure you mix them well. You'll know they're done when they start to turn golden and the edges look like they're about to burst open.
2. Place butter in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave for about 22 seconds or until melted. Pour in the parmesan spread seasoning (or see below for substitutions) and mix well with a fork to combine.
3. Remove pizza rolls from air fryer nad place in bowl large enough to mix them around. Drizzle the butter/ garlic seasoning mixture across the pizza rolls. Using a spatula, mix well until coated thoroughly with butter mixture.
4. Pour the parmesan cheese on top of the pizza rolls. Using the spatula, stir and turn the rolls until they are evenly coated in the cheese. Serve hot and enjoy!
Hint: Work quickly while the pizza rolls are nice and hot. This will help the parmesan melt a little and stick.. Plus who wants cold pizza rolls?
Substitutions and Variations
We love switching things up when we're in the kitchen. Try any of these variations for something a little different.
- Garlic Spread Seasoning- feel free to substitute with 1 teaspoon fresh or minced garlic and ¼ teaspoon parsley OR ¼ teaspoon garlic powder and ¼ teaspoon dried parsley.
- Parmesan Cheese - usually I don't recommend the powdered parmesan cheese, but with this recipe feel free to use it as a substitute. While testing the recipe, we did find that the powdered parmesan stuck to the pizza rolls better than shredded.
- Spicy - add ¼ teaspoon chili pepper flakes to take these to the next level! Add at the same time as the other spices. This is our favorite variation and highly recommended.
- Deluxe - serve with different dips! Try marinara, pesto, ranch and hot sauce.
- Pesto- pesto pizza rolls are delicious!! Use 2 Tablespoons pesto instead of butter and garlic/parmesan. After cooking, toss them in the pesto until thoroughly coated then sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and mix.
- Bacon- who doesn't love bacon? Add 1 Tablespoon bacon bits or bacon crumble to the parmesan cheese and combine. Do everything else as directed.
- Nacho Cheese- Preheat the oven to 400*F. Skip the toppings, air fry the pizza rolls as directed. Place hot pizza rolls on a baking sheet close together. Top with cheese, jalapeños, salsa, olives and other nacho toppings as desired like black or refried beans.
Storing Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Store for up to 5 days. Reheat in the air fryer at 390*F for 3 minutes.
It is not recommended to refreeze pizza rolls after they have been cooked, as it will change the texture and most likely result in freezer burn.
Don't overcook the pizza bites! If you air fry them too long they will start to explode and make a mess.
Not all air fryers are created equally and there can be some variation in how they cook. Feel free to adjust the cooking time or temperature if needed. For reference, we used a NINJA foodi air fryer.
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- 24.8 ounce Totino's pizza rolls 50 ct bag, any brand works
- 1 ½ Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic spread seasoning
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat air fryer to 390*F. (200* Celsius) Place pizza rolls in basket (they don't need to be in a single layer) and cook for 7-8 minutes, shaking well at minute 4. They are done when they turn slightly golden and look ready to burst.
- While cooking, melt butter in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Stir in the garlic seasoning spread mix with a fork.
- Place cooked pizza rolls in a bowl large enough to mix in. Drizzle the garlic butter over the pizza rolls and stir until well coated. See photos above for a great visual.
- Pour parmesan cheese over the top and stir until evenly distributed.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- It is not recommended to refreeze these, however if you do, cook according to step 1.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer at 390*F. for 3-4 minutes.
- Don't cook the pizza rolls too long or they will start to explode and make a huge mess. They don't cook up to a deep golden.
- Work while the rolls are still hot to coat them in the butter, seasonings and cheese so you can enjoy them while they're still hot.
- Not all air fryers are created equal. I used a NINJA foodi grill XL air fryer for this recipe. Temperatures and times may vary.
- Our favorite variation was to add ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes for a pop of spice and a nice kick.
Preheat your air fryer to 390*F. Place pizza rolls in a single layer in the air fryer then air fry for 6-8 minutes, shaking to mix at minute 4. The edges will start to turn golden when they are done.
First, make them in the air fryer for the best texture! Then toss in melted butter mixed with garlic butter spread seasoning and top with yummy parmesan cheese. YUM!
Preheat air fryer to 390° F. Place pizza rolls in a single layer in the air fryer basket. This will ensure more even cooking and help prevent exploding pizza rolls. Air fry for 4 minutes, then shake and/or rotate the pizza rolls. Air fry an additonal 2-4 minutes until desired crispness is achieved.
Place pizza rolls in a single layer in your air fryer basket. Cook in an air fryer preheated to 390° F for 6-8 minutes, shaking at minute 4. Cook until crispy, but don't let them get too crispy or they'll start to explode.