Learn how to make frozen Air Fryer Pizza Rolls/ Bites: Crispy and crunchy, just like they were made to be, they are taken to the next level with a delicious and easy Garlic Parmesan flavor. These were inspired by the Tik Tok pizza roll recipe but made in the air fryer instead of frying. Forget the mushy ones from the microwave or waiting forever for them to cook in the oven, these are ready in about 10 minutes. We used Totino's, but any brand will work!
Always a popular snack for kids, teenagers and young adults, air fry pizza rolls for the best result! Do you struggle with soggy chewy pizza rolls and just want them to taste better? Made in the air fryer, the texture is everything you hoped it would be.
These are especially great for things like football parties, kid birthday parties, March Madness, or World Cup parties. They make a great appetizer or side dish or just a great dish on the party food table.
What I Like About This Recipe
I like that the texture of air fried pizza rolls/ bites is so much better when made in the air fryer! I also like them tossed in the spices and parmesan for some extra flavor and oomph to make them yummier. I love how quick and easy they are as a snack and that you don't have to wait for them to thaw, just use them frozen.
- Totino's pizza rolls (or another brand)
- garlic seasoning spread -OR- garlic powder and parsley
- parmesan cheese
See recipe card for quantities.
1. Preheat air fryer to 390*F. Place frozen pizza bites in the air fryer basket and cook for 7-8 minutes, shaking at minute 4. No need for them to be in a single layer, just make sure you mix them well. You'll know they're done when they start to turn golden and the edges look like they're about to burst open.
2. Place butter in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave for about 22 seconds or until melted. Pour in the parmesan spread seasoning (or see below for substitutions) and mix well with a fork to combine.
3. Remove pizza rolls from air fryer nad place in bowl large enough to mix them around. Drizzle the butter/ garlic seasoning mixture across the pizza rolls. Using a spatula, mix well until coated thoroughly with butter mixture.
4. Pour the parmesan cheese on top of the pizza rolls. Using the spatula, stir and turn the rolls until they are evenly coated in the cheese. Serve hot and enjoy!
Hint: Work quickly while the pizza rolls are nice and hot. This will help the parmesan melt a little and stick.. Plus who wants cold pizza rolls?
- Butter - you can use a dairy free butter here
- Garlic Spread Seasoning- feel free to substitute with 1 teaspoon fresh or minced garlic and ¼ teaspoon parsley OR ¼ teaspoon garlic powder and ¼ teaspoon dried parsley.
- Parmesan Cheese - usually I don't recommend the powdered parmesan cheese, but with this recipe feel free to use it as a substitute.
- All the toppings- feel free to make these as they come without all the extra seasonings and parmesan. Just follow the directions without adding anything to them.
Variations are a great way to switch things up and make the dish a little extra special. Here are some fun ideas:
- Spicy - add ¼ teaspoon chili pepper flakes to take these to the next level! Add at the same time as the other spices. This is our favorite variation and highly recommended.
- Deluxe - serve with different dips! Try marinara, pesto, ranch and hot sauce.
- Pesto- pesto pizza rolls are delicious!! Use 2 Tablespoons pesto instead of butter and garlic/parmesan. After cooking, toss them in the pesto until thoroughly coated then sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and mix.
- Bacon- who doesn't love bacon? Add 1 Tablespoon bacon bits or bacon crumble to the parmesan cheese and combine. Do everything else as directed.
- Extra Flavor- add ½ teaspoon oregano and ¼ teaspoon of both thyme and Rosemary for even more of an Italian flavor.
- Nacho Cheese- Preheat the oven to 400*F. Skip the toppings, air fry the pizza rolls as directed. Place hot pizza rolls on a baking sheet close together. Top with cheese, jalapeños, salsa, olives and other nacho toppings as desired like black or refried beans.
*note: if you are using the air fryer feature on an oven, the cooking times will vary greatly from this recipe. We have found the air fryer feature on the oven to take significantly longer than a small on-the-counter air fryer.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Store for up to 5 days. Reheat in the air fryer at 390*F for 3 minutes.
It is not recommended to refreeze pizza rolls after they have been cooked, as it will change the texture and most likely result in freezer burn.
Don't overcook the pizza bites! If you air fry them too long they will start to explode and make a mess.
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- 24.8 oz Totino's pizza rolls 50 ct bag, any brand works
- 1 ½ Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic spread seasoning
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat air fryer to 390*F. (200* Celsius) Place pizza rolls in basket (they don't need to be in a single layer) and cook for 7-8 minutes, shaking well at minute 4. They are done when they turn slightly golden and look ready to burst.
- While cooking, melt butter in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Stir in the garlic seasoning spread mix with a fork.
- Place cooked pizza rolls in a bowl large enough to mix in. Drizzle the garlic butter over the pizza rolls and stir until well coated.
- Pour parmesan cheese over the top and stir until evenly distributed.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- It is not recommended to refreeze these, however if you do, cook according to step 1.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer at 390*F. for 3-4 minutes.
Air fry at 390*F for 7-8 minutes, shaking at minute 4.
Preheat air fryer to 390*F. Air fry for 7-8 minutes, shaking to mix at minute 4. The edges will start to turn golden when they are done.
390*F for 7-8 minutes, shaking at minute 4. Be careful not to over bake or they will explode!
Put pizza rolls in air fryer for 7-8 minutes, shaking/ mixing at minute 4. Air fry at 390* F.
First, make them in the air fryer for the best texture! Then toss in melted butter mixed with garlic butter spread seasoning and top with yummy parmesan cheese. YUM!