Learn how to make Air Fryer Pizza Rolls: Crispy and crunchy, just like they were made to be, they are taken to the next level with a delicious and easy Garlic Parmesan flavor. These were inspired by the Tik Tok pizza roll recipe but made in the air fryer instead of frying. Forget the mushy ones from the microwave or waiting forever for them to cook in the oven, these are ready in about 10 minutes.
Always a popular snack for kids, teenagers and young adults, pizza rolls are consumed year round.
- pizza rolls
- garlic seasoning spread -OR- garlic powder and parsley
- parmesan cheese
See recipe card for quantities.
1. Preheat air fryer to 390*F. Place pizza rolls in the air fryer basket and cook for 7-8 minutes, shaking at minute 4. No need for them to be in a single layer, just make sure you mix them well. You'll know they're done when they start to turn golden and the edges look like they're about to burst open.
2. Place butter in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave for about 22 seconds or until melted. Pour in the parmesan spread seasoning (or see below for substitutions) and mix well with a fork to combine.
3. Remove pizza rolls from air fryer nad place in bowl large enough to mix them around. Drizzle the butter/ garlic seasoning mixture across the pizza rolls. Using a spatula, mix well until coated thoroughly with butter mixture.
4. Pour the parmesan cheese on top of the pizza rolls. Using the spatula, stir and turn the rolls until they are evenly coated in the cheese. Serve hot and enjoy!
Hint: Work quickly while the pizza rolls are nice and hot. This will help the parmesan melt a little and stick.. Plus who wants cold pizza rolls?
- Butter - you can use a dairy free butter here
- Garlic Spread Seasoning- feel free to substitute with 1 teaspoon fresh or minced garlic and ¼ teaspoon parsley OR ¼ teaspoon garlic powder and ¼ teaspoon dried parsley.
- Parmesan Cheese - usually I don't recommend the powdered parmesan cheese, but with this recipe feel free to use it as a substitute.
- Spicy - add ¼ teaspoon chili pepper flakes to take these to the next level! Add at the same time as the other spices.
- Deluxe - serve with different dips! Try marinara, pesto, ranch and hot sauce.
- Pesto- pesto pizza rolls are delicious!! Use 2 Tablespoons pesto instead of butter and garlic/parmesan. After cooking, toss them in the pesto until thoroughly coated then sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and mix.
- Bacon- who doesn't love bacon? Add 1 Tablespoon bacon bits or bacon crumble to the parmesan cheese and combine. Do everything else as directed.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the air fryer at 390*F for 3 minutes.
Don't overcook the pizza rolls! If you air fry them too long they will start to explode and make a mess!Print