Can you put a Hot Pocket in an air fryer? Absolutely you can! Air Fryer Hot Pockets is a great way to quickly cook your handheld pizza pastry while giving it a crispy outside and hot center. This golden brown, quick lunch is done in no time at all and tastes so much better than in the microwave and faster than the oven. You'll never want to eat it any other way! A satisfying snack or lunch done in 10 minutes.
This quick lunch is perfect for summer days when the kids are home from school, or busy weekends when you want something on the go. A great way to get a tasty snack without using any oil! Say goodbye to mushy microwave Hot Pockets and hello crispy, golden brown air fryer goodness!
Be sure to check out our other fun air fryer recipes for quick and easy snacks and lunches. Air fryer pizza rolls, and air fryer cinnamon rolls are two fun ways to use the air fryer and take no time at all!
- Hot Pockets- choose your favorite flavor
- Cooking Spray- For the bottom of the air fryer basket
See recipe card for quantities.
Preheat the air fryer to 375* F. This takes about 3-4 minutes to preheat.
Place hot pockets at the bottom of the air fryer basket. If your air fryer basket is big enough, you can fit two hot pockets. Make sure to leave space between the two pastry treats.
Cook hot pockets for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown on the outside.
Let cool slightly, so you don't burn yourself, and enjoy this delicious easy snack or lunch.
Hint: Serve with your favorite dipping sauce like queso dip or tomato marinara. Or top with extra parmesan or mozzarella cheese for extra added flavor.
This recipe works with every style of hot pockets. Choose your favorite and enjoy!
- Five Cheese Pizza
- Pepperoni and Sausage
- Meatball and Mozzarella
- Ham and Cheese
- If using the big and bold (Larger Hot Pockets) you will need to adjust the cook time to 13-15 minutes to account for the larger size.
- Add your favorite dipping sauces like honey mustard, bbq sauce, marinara sauce, or cheese sauce.
- Top the hot Hot Pockets with parmesan cheese or mozzarella for extra flavor.
- Air Fryer - For this recipe we used the ninja foodi air fryer. Depending on the air fryer you use, you may need to adjust the time the hot pocket is cooking. Not all air fryers are created equal.
Keep the hot pockets frozen until ready to cook. They can last in the freezer for several months.
Once cooked, store uneaten hot pockets in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. Reheat in the air fryer to crisp again or reheat in the microwave.
Don't over cook the hot pocket or the outside will be hard as rock and hard to eat. There may be risk of the hot pockets insides exploding out if over cooked. Be careful when eating the inside will be very hot!
Air Fryer Hot Pockets
- air fryer
- 2 frozen hot pockets
- cooking spray
- Preheat the air fryer to 375* F.
- Spray the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Place the frozen hot pockets at the bottom of the air fryer basket. Leave space between the two hot pockets.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the hot pocket is golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Serve immediately alone or with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Not all air fryers cook the same, cook times may need be adjusted according to which type of air fryer you use.
Yes! Follow the steps above for perfectly golden brown, crisp hot pockets.
It takes 10 minutes to cook at 375*F
Cook 2 hot pockets for 10-12 minutes at 375*F
Cook big and bold hot pockets for 13-15 minutes at 375* F
yes, just like an oven, it's important to pre-heat and air fryer to get the correct cooking temperature and time.
Cook Hot Pockets in an air fryer to make them crispy.
Yes! Instead of spraying the air fryer with cooking spray you can line the bottom of the air fryer with aluminum foil to prevent sticking and messes.
Can you pierce the hot pockets to stop them from exploding?
Yes! If you are having issues with exploding hot pockets, pierce the hot pocket at about 3-5 minutes into the cook time. You can try to pierce them before cooking but it may be hard while it's frozen.
After 10 minutesd @ 375 in my Instant Vortex, the hot pockets were lightly browned and crispy on the outside, but still cold on the inside. 13 minutes worked a bit better, increasing temperature to 13 minutes @ 390F worked the best.
Thanks for letting us know. Every air fryer is different so adjustments may need to be made based on the brand you have!
Yes please! This made the texture of the hot pocket way better than any other way I've had them. Thanks for all the tips.
This air fryer hot pocket recipe was just what I was looking for. I was so sick of soggy hot pockets but this was exactly the crispy texture I was looking for.