Air Fryer Hot Pockets is a great way to quickly cook your handheld pizza pastry while giving it a crispy outside and hot center. This golden brown, quick lunch is done in no time at all and tastes so much better than in the microwave. You'll never want to eat it any other way! My kids beg to make all our hot pockets this way.
This quick lunch is perfect for summer days when the kids are home from school, or busy weekends when you want something on the go. A great way to get a tasty snack without using any oil! Say goodbye to mushy microwave Hot Pockets and hello crispy, golden brown air fryer goodness! A satisfying snack or lunch done in 10 minutes.
Be sure to check out our other fun air fryer recipes for quick and easy snacks and lunches. Air fryer pizza rolls, and air fryer cinnamon rolls are two fun ways to use the air fryer and take no time at all!
For more air fryer recipes and tips be sure to check out our How To Use an Air Fryer guide.
This simple recipe only requires your favorite hot pocket! Who doesn't love a recipe that's quick and easy?
- Hot Pockets- Choose your favorite flavor. We've even tried the Big Bold hot pockets and it works great. Make sure to keep it frozen until ready to cook.
- Cooking Spray- For the bottom of the air fryer basket. This is important so the hot pocket doesn't stick.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make Hot Pocket in Air Fryer
Can you put a Hot Pocket in an air fryer? Absolutely you can! This is a straightforward recipe that requires little prep.
Preheat the air fryer to 375* F. This takes about 3-4 minutes to preheat.
Place hot pockets at the bottom of the air fryer basket. If your air fryer basket is big enough, you can fit two hot pockets. Make sure to leave space between the two pastry treats. Cook hot pockets for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown on the outside.
Let cool slightly, so you don't burn yourself, and enjoy this delicious easy snack or lunch.
Hint: Serve with your favorite dipping sauce like queso dip or tomato marinara. Or top with extra parmesan or mozzarella cheese for extra added flavor.
This recipe works with every style of hot pockets. Choose your favorite and enjoy!
- Four Cheese Pizza
- Pepperoni and Sausage
- Meatball and Mozzarella
- Ham and Cheese
- If using the big and bold (Larger Hot Pockets) you will need to adjust the cook time to 13-15 minutes to account for the larger size.
- Add your favorite dipping sauces like honey mustard, bbq sauce, marinara sauce, or cheese sauce.
- Top the hot Hot Pockets with parmesan cheese or mozzarella for extra flavor.
Not all air fryers are the same! Be sure to watch the hot pocket the first time you make them to know the correct cooking time. We love this method over the crisping sleeve. I think it makes it even crispier on the outside without making it too hard.
There may be risk of the hot pockets insides exploding out if overcooked. Be careful when eating the inside will be very hot!
Storing Air Fryer Hot Pockets
Keep the hot pockets frozen until ready to cook. They can last in the freezer for several months.
Once cooked, store uneaten hot pockets in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. Reheat in the air fryer to crisp again or reheat in the microwave.
Don't over cook the hot pocket or the outside will be hard as rock and hard to eat. I over cooked my first one and it was impossible to eat!
Air Fryer Hot Pockets
- 2 frozen hot pockets
- cooking spray
- Preheat the air fryer to 375* F.
- Spray the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Place the frozen hot pockets at the bottom of the air fryer basket. Leave space between the two hot pockets.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the hot pocket is golden brown and crispy on the outside. See photo above for a visual reference.
- Serve immediately alone or with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Not all air fryers cook the same, cook times may need to be adjusted according to which type of air fryer you use.
- Overcooking runs the risk of a rock-hard outside, or the center exploding out! Be careful.
- You can use this for any flavor of hot pocket like four cheese, ham and cheese, buffalo chicken, or any other frozen pizza pocket you love.
- This is a better method than the microwave and crisping sleeve.
- Make sure to keep it frozen, don't thaw before cooking.
Yes! Follow the steps above for perfectly golden brown, crisp hot pockets.
It takes 10 minutes to cook at 375*F
Cook 2 hot pockets for 10-12 minutes at 375*F
Cook big and bold hot pockets for 13-15 minutes at 375* F
yes, just like an oven, it's important to pre-heat and air fryer to get the correct cooking temperature and time.
Cook Hot Pockets in an air fryer to make them crispy.
Yes! Instead of spraying the air fryer with cooking spray you can line the bottom of the air fryer with aluminum foil to prevent sticking and messes.