Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls are absolute perfection! They are the perfect texture: hot, soft and tender on the inside, with a slight extra thin crispness on the outside. This will be your new go-to way to cook Pillsbury (or other pre-made) cinnamon rolls! Easily the best way I've ever eaten them.
These are a simple quick and easy dessert for when you're crunched for time or just have some hungry teenagers or kids hanging around.
These are great because they only take 2 ingredients!
- refrigerator cinnamon rolls
- avocado oil (for brushing on the air fryer basket)
See recipe card for quantities.
1. Preheat the air fryer to 350*F. Brush avocado or other oil on your air fryer basket to prevent the rolls from sticking. I like avocado because it is mostly tasteless and odorless. I don't recommend olive oil, it seems to leave a residue over time on the air fryer.
2. Place cinnamon rolls in the air fryer basket, about ½" apart or closer for rolls that puff up and touch*. Place with cinnamon bits facing up.
*If you don't want the cinnamon rolls to touch, place more than ½" apart and reduce baking time by 2 minutes.
3. Cook cinnamon rolls in the air fryer and cook for 6-9 minutes. We use the Ninja Foodi Grill XL air fryer and found 7 minutes made them absolutely perfect. They are soft and tender on the inside with the sliiiightest thin crunchy exterior.
4. Bring frosting to room temperature and drizzle over the top of the rolls. For frosting that absorbs into the cinnamon roll and hardens on top, pour over while warm. For frosting that is sticky and sits on top, wait for the rolls to cool completely before drizzling with frosting.
Hint: Eat them while they're warm and fresh! These were specifically designed to be eaten warm, and the texture is just so much better.
- Oil - instead of avocado oil, feel free to use a different oil. We don't recommend coconut oil due to it's low smoke point (see more information about food safety at the bottom of the post).
- Caramel -whip up some of our Homemade Caramel Topping and drizzle it over the top.
- Nuts - add some pecan bits for a yummy cinnamon pecan flavor.
- Chocolate - drizzle chocolate over the top for that yummy Mexican Chocolate flavor. Delicious!
- Egg Nog- dress them up for the holidays with an Egg Nog Glaze- you can find our favorite Egg Nog Glaze recipe on this post.
- Maple Bacon - add a maple glaze and top with bacon bits for a fun and interesting twist!
- Air fryer- we use the Ninja Foodi XL
We recommend waiting to cook them until ready to eat. Store uncooked rolls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days then make as directed.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer at 350*F for 3-4 minutes.
These can be frozen if necessary. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Bring to room temperature then reheat in the air fryer at 350*F for 3-4 minutes.
Don't overcook the cinnamon rolls! If they are overcooked they will be dry and tough instead of tender and moist.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds