The perfect recipe for your next go-to side dish or snack, 5 Minute Air Fryer Green Beans. They are quick, easy and so delicious with their crispy yet tender texture and they really are done, from start to finish, in 5 minutes. Try this dish that's vegetarian, vegan, and keto friendly! Turn fresh green beans into an instant family hit.
Yet another delicious air fryer recipe made popular on tik-tok, this recipe is sure to impress for any occasion. Make a quick last minute side to wow any dinner guest for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter or a late summer bbq or cook out.
- Fresh Green Beans
- Avocado Oil- this is the best oil to use in an air fryer but olive oil works as well
- Garlic Powder
- Table Salt
- Black Ground Pepper
- or Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
See recipe card for quantities.
- Wash and remove the stems from the green beans.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, toss olive oil with the beans.
3. Toss in your favorite seasoning, garlic powder and salt, or everything but the bagel seasoning.
4. Place the vegetables in the bottom of an air fryer basket.
5. Cook in a preheat air fryer for 3-5 minutes depending on how tender you want the vegetables to be.
5. Serve these Air Fryer Green Beans hot as a side dish or snack.
Hint: These beans cook fast! Be sure to set a timer in order to have the texture you want. 3 minutes will giver you crisp but tender beans while five minute cook time will give you a more tender texture. Remember all air fryers cook differently and you will need to adjust accordingly.
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning - Use everything but the bagel seasoning found at either Trader Joes or Aldi. A perfect blend of garlic, salt, and onion.
- Spicy - add 1 teaspoon of crushed red peppers for a spicy rendition.
- Bacon - sprinkle bacon bits or add cooked bite sized bacon with the green beans.
- Slivered Almonds - add ¼ cup (or more) slivered almonds with the beans before you air fry the beans.
- Mushrooms- Toss ¼ cup sliced mushrooms of your choice with the beans before adding to the air fryer.
- Parmesan- Add ¼ cup parmesan cheese and toss before cooking.
- Air Fryer- we love this Ninja air fryer
- Mixing Bowl
Store cooked green beans in an air tight container for 3-4 days. To reheat, heat in a microwave or air fry again. The texture will be softer than the original cook time.
These ingredients do not freeze well.
Air Fry to your preference! The cook time will vary depending on what type of texture you want your beans. Cook for 3 minutes to get a tender but crisp texture. Cook for 5 minutes for a more tender bean1
5 Minute Air Fryer Green Beans
- 8 ounces fresh green beans 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil we also suggest avocado oil as it does great in air fryers
- ½ tablespoon everything but the bagel seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat Air Fryer to 390* F
- Rinse green beans and remove the stems.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss with olive oil and season of choice.
- Place seasoned beans at the bottom of the air fryer basket. They can be touching and slightly overlapping.
- Air Fry for 3 minutes for tender yet crisp green beans, or air fry for 5 minute for a more tender bean depending on your preference.
Yes, follow this simple five minute recipe for tender yet crispy green beans.