Oreo Mug Cake, made famous by tiktok, is a quick and easy treat that only uses 2 ingredients and cooks in 1 minute in the microwave! It's an easy cookies and cream dessert for one that's ready in no time at all. Enjoy topped with creamy whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or plain.
Made famous on tiktok, this quick and easy cookies and cream dessert is so delicious and I love that it's a dessert for one. Be prepared to have a new favorite go-to thats ready in less than five minutes.
A perfect portion-controlled dessert for a quick and indulgent treat.
I was blown away with how this recipe actually worked! I wasn't expecting a glass of milk and crushed Oreos to turn into a tasty moist cake. We love to make this dessert with my kids or just for myself when everyone is asleep.
Be sure to check out our other quick and easy chocolate peanut butter molten mug cake for a healthier spin on mug cakes.
For another single serve dessert, check out our Air Fryer S'mores! And for more Oreo options check out our Oreo Cheesecake Cookies.
Why We Love this Recipe
- Easy to make: With only two ingredients, this mug cake is so easy to make and it's quick to cook in the microwave.
- Gluten Free: You can make this gluten free by using gluten free Oreos.
- Kid Friendly: My kids beg for this snack every time I buy Oreos. They love that they can help make it and it makes a cake just for them.
- After School Snack: This is a really fun after school snack that your kids can make on their own and have a lot of fun with.
- Copycat Recipe: We love a good copycat recipe and this one actually worked! We first saw this on tiktok and didn't believe it actually worked, but it did!
- Oreos- You can use traditional Oreos or you can get creative and use mint, double stuffed, peanut butter, birthday cake. This list goes on, and they are all so good!
- Milk - I use whole milk but you can use, 2%, 1% or skim
See recipe card for quantities.
Making this treat for one is simple and fast! Begin by crushing your 4 Oreo cookies into tiny pieces.
- You can crush the Oreo cookies in a plastic baggie until you have tiny crushed cookie pieces.
2. Or, you can crush the Oreo cookies in a food processor. This is my favorite method as it crushes the Oreos fast and evenly.
3. Place crushed Oreo cookies in a mug and pour milk directly on top of the cookie pieces.
4. Mix the milk and Oreo cookies together to make a batter for the mug cake.
5. Cook the Oreo Batter in the mug for 1 minute in the microwave. Depending on the power of your microwave, you may need to adjust the time slightly.
Enjoy your delicious and moist mug cake immediately. Eat plain, or top with whipped cream of vanilla ice cream. This mug cake has a great texture that is fluffy but also brownie like.
Hint: This recipe is exclusively for the microwave! Do not cook your cookies and cream mug cake in the oven as it is not intended for the oven.
- Golden Oreos - instead of original Oreos, try golden Oreos or your favorite Oreo flavor like Birthday Cake, Mint, Peanut Butter, or Double Stuffed.
- Gluten Free - Use Gluten Free Oreos for a gluten free option.
- Almond Milk - Substitute milk with almond milk or other milk substitutes like oat milk, the texture will be a bit different but still a delicious dessert.
- Ice Cream - top mug cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream when it's done cooking in the microwave. It will add a delicious creamy topping for this solo treat.
- Whipped Cream - top with whipped cream to add the cream to the cookies of cream dessert for one.
- Double Stuffed - Use Double Stuffed Oreos instead of original Oreos for a creamy treat.
- Mint Oreos-Make this a mint chocolate treat by using mint Oreos.
- Peanut Butter Oreos- Try the new Peanut Butter Oreos or a chocolate peanut butter treat.
- Don't overcook! When I overcooked this mug cake, it became really rubbery. For a moist cake make sure to experiment with your microwave to find that sweet spot.
- I also found if you undercooked the cake it has a wet texture. Next time add 10 more seconds to the cook time to get that moist texture.
- If you need this to be dairy free or gluten free you can easily use your favorite nut milks, or use gluten free Oreos!
How To Serve
- Be sure to top this whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a full flavor experience.
- Add add-ins. Add in chocolate chips, a peanut butter swirl, white chocolate chips, or even mint chocolate chips to up your mug cake game. I personally love the added peanut butter swirl!
- Serve this with our Oreo Blizzard for a fun Oreo themed treat night.
Making this treat for one doesn't require a lot of equipment. You will need a mug, and a spoon.
I prefer using a mini food processor when crushing the Oreos. It crushes them evenly and quickly! This is my favorite mini food processor here.
Because this is a single serve treat, you most likely won't have any leftovers. But in case you do, store any leftover cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Don't make the batter until you are ready to cook. The batter will not sit well, uncooked, over time.
These is a really fun treat to make for yourself or to make with kids. My boys love helping me make this simple and delicious treat. Everyone gets to enjoy their own mug!
Remember, this is not designed to be cooked in the oven, only the microwave.
Simply add crushed Oreos with milk in a mug and microwave for 1 minute.
A quick and easy mug cake made with only Oreo's and milk. A unique experience that is delicious.
If your mug cake is wet, you may need to increase the time it is in the microwave. Not all microwaves are the same and your microwave may be less powerful than the one we used for the recipe.
If your mug cake is rubbery, chances are you overcooked the cake. Try decreasing the time. Your microwave may be more powerful than the microwave that was used for the recipe and you'll need to adjust the cook time.
2 Ingredient Oreo Mug Cake
- 1 Mug
- 4 Oreo cookies
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Crush Oreos into tiny pieces. I like to use a mini food processor but you can also put the Oreos in a ziplock baggie and smash with a roll pin or your hands.
- Put crushed Oreos into a mug or shallow microwavable cup.
- Add 3 tablespoons of milk and mix together to make a batter.
- Microwave the mug of milk and cookies for 1 minute.
- Enjoy immediately topped with whipped cream, ice cream, plain, or with a cold glass of milk.
- Substitute original Oreos with golden Oreos or your favorite Oreo like mint, or peanut butter.
- This recipe is not intended for the oven. Only use the microwave to make this mini brownie-like cake.
I'm so thrilled with how well this worked! I was not expecting such an amazing texture. I love how easy it was to put together and only 2 ingredients! My kids also loved turning their oreos into a cake!
Wow I loved this quick and easy dessert. I can't believe it actually worked! Only 2 ingredients!!! I'm going to try this with golden Oreos next time!
How cool is this recipe? Just 2 ingredients! loved it!
I can't believe how easy this is. It's a bit dangerously so! Delicious!
Can't believe this is only two ingredients! My kids loved it!!
This is such an easy recipe and my kids would make it themselves. Super delicious dessert anytime.
Oreo fans here. I loved making this easy mug cake. Thanks for sharing. So quick and easy!
I can't believe how easy this mug cake is to make, and soooo yummy too! Thank you.x
This is so easy and it's exactly like cake! We loved it and will be making it again.
I adore mug cakes but I've never seen one that only has 2 ingredients. And I LOVE Oreos so I can't wait to make this again, thanks for the recipe!
New favorite dessert! Love how quick it is!
I really didn't think it would work, but it did! Now my son asks for this every weekend. LOL