We are in love with this quick and easy Oreo Mug Cake Recipe. It only uses 2 ingredients and cooks for 1 minute in the microwave. You can have a delicious treat in no time at all! You don't want to miss this recipe.
I love topping this mug cake with whipped cream, it adds to that tasty cookies and cream taste I love. You can even enjoy it with vanilla ice cream. Just be warned, this will quickly become your new favorite go-to that's ready in less than five minutes.
For a fun protein packed dessert try these Protein Cupcakes. They are gluten free and dairy free.
You wouldn't believe that this recipe is made with only 2 ingredients. It actually works, and tastes so good.
- Oreos- You can use traditional Oreos or you can get creative and use mint, double stuffed, peanut butter, birthday cake. This list goes on, and they are all so good!
- Milk - I use whole milk but you can use, 2%, 1% or skim
See recipe card for quantities.
How To Make Oreo Mug Cake Recipe
Making this treat for one is simple and fast! Begin by crushing your 4 Oreo cookies into tiny pieces.
1. Place crushed Oreo cookies in a mug and pour milk directly on top of the cookie pieces.
2. Mix the milk and Oreo cookies together to make a batter for the mug cake.
3. Cook the Oreo Batter in the mug for 1 minute in the microwave. Depending on the power of your microwave, you may need to adjust the time slightly.
4. Enjoy your delicious and moist mug cake immediately. Eat plain, or top with whipped cream of vanilla ice cream. This mug cake has a great texture that is fluffy but also brownie like.
Hint: This recipe is exclusively for the microwave! Do not cook your cookies and cream mug cake in the oven as it is not intended for the oven.
- Golden Oreos - instead of original Oreos, try golden Oreos or your favorite Oreo flavor like Birthday Cake, Mint, Peanut Butter, or Double Stuffed.
- Gluten Free - Use Gluten Free Oreos for a gluten free option.
- Almond Milk - Substitute milk with almond milk or other milk substitutes like oat milk, the texture will be a bit different but still a delicious dessert.
- Mint Oreos-Make this a mint chocolate treat by using mint Oreos.
- Peanut Butter Oreos- Try the new Peanut Butter Oreos or a chocolate peanut butter treat.
- Don't overcook! When I overcooked this mug cake, it became really rubbery. For a moist cake make sure to experiment with your microwave to find that sweet spot.
- I also found if you undercooked the cake it has a wet texture. Next time add 10 more seconds to the cook time to get that moist texture.
- If you need this to be dairy free or gluten free you can easily use your favorite nut milks, or use gluten free Oreos!
I was blown away with how this recipe actually worked! I wasn't expecting a glass of milk and crushed Oreos to turn into a tasty moist cake. We love to make this dessert with my kids or just for myself when everyone is asleep.
How To Serve
- Be sure to top this whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a full flavor experience.
- Add add-ins. Add in chocolate chips, a peanut butter swirl, white chocolate chips, or even mint chocolate chips to up your mug cake game. I personally love the added peanut butter swirl!
- Serve this with our Oreo Blizzard for a fun Oreo themed treat night.
Storing Oreo Mug Cake
Because this is a single serve treat, you most likely won't have any leftovers. But in case you do, store any leftover cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Don't make the batter until you are ready to cook. The batter will not sit well, uncooked, over time.
You can crush the Oreos in a plastic baggie but my favorite method is using a food processor. It makes the Ores very fine and a great flour for the Oreo mug cake.
Remember, this is not designed to be cooked in the oven, only the microwave.
2 Ingredient Oreo Mug Cake
- 1 Mug
- 4 Oreo cookies
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Crush Oreos into tiny pieces. I like to use a mini food processor but you can also put the Oreos in a ziplock baggie and smash with a roll pin or your hands.
- Put crushed Oreos into a mug or shallow microwavable cup.
- Add 3 tablespoons of milk and mix together to make a batter. See photos above for what this looks like.
- Microwave the mug of milk and cookies for 1 minute.
- Enjoy immediately topped with whipped cream, ice cream, plain, or with a cold glass of milk.
- Add an additional ¼ teaspoon of baking powder to help fluff up the cake. We feel like it tastes great without it but you can try it out.
- Do not use this recipe for the oven!
- Substitute original Oreos with golden Oreos or your favorite Oreo like mint, or peanut butter.
- This recipe is not intended for the oven. Only use the microwave to make this mini brownie-like cake.
- Ice Cream - top mug cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream when it's done cooking in the microwave. It will add a delicious creamy topping for this solo treat.
- Whipped Cream - top with whipped cream to add the cream to the cookies of cream dessert for one.