Maple Brussel Sprouts with Bacon is a delicious and easy roasted side dish recipe that is both sweet and savory. This crispy but tender side is perfect for any holiday or family get together. Made with crispy bacon and fresh cranberries, topped with the sweet taste of pure maple syrup. Best yet, you can make it in the oven or the air fryer.
This is the perfect side for any Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter dinner. They have an elegant and classy look while being very easy to throw together as a last minute, quick holiday side.
Be sure to check out our air fryer Brussels sprout recipe here.
- Brussels Sprouts
- Fresh Cranberries
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Olive Oil
See recipe card for quantities.
- Chop fresh Brussel sprouts in half. Place in a large bowl. Add fresh cranberries to the bowl and mix.
- Mix in olive oil and half of the maple syrup.
3. Spread on the vegetable mixture on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Add the chopped bacon over the Brussel sprouts and cranberries.
4. Cook for 25-30 minutes. Make sure the bacon is fully cooked and the Brussel Sprouts are tender.
5. Drizzle the remaining maple syrup on top of the roasted dish and serve.
Hint: Don't mix the bacon in with the dish. They will clump together and will not spread evenly. Simply drop them evenly over the dish onto the sheet pan.
- Slivered Almonds - add ½ cup slivered almonds before roasting.
- No Cranberries - don't want cranberries? You can easily substitute them out!
- Pecans - add ½ cup halved pecan before roasting.
- Honey- Substitute the maple syrup for honey at a 1:1 ratio.
- Air Fryer - Make this awesome side dish in an air fryer. Place all the ingredients, tossed with olive oil and syrup, at the bottom of an air fryer basket. Air fry for 10 minutes at 375, or until bacon is cooked completely.
Store maple Brussel sprouts in an air tight container for 3-4 days. They will lose their crisp texture when reheated.
For best texture, eat the day you make them.
This side dish does not freeze well.
Make sure to to use fresh Brussels sprouts. Using the vegetable frozen will have varying results and undesirable textures.
Roasted Maple Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- sheet pan
- Parchment Paper
- 4 cups brussel sprouts halved
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- ½ cup uncooked, bacon chopped, about 3 thick slices
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees
- Chop brussel sprouts in half and place in large bowl
- Add cranberries to the bowl of brussel sprouts
- Mix in olive oil and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup to the cranberry mixture
- Spread on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Sprinkle chopped bacon evenly over the brussel sprouts and cranberries. This helps the bacon not clump together
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked and brussel sprouts are tender. Browning of the brussel sprouts will occur
- Drizzle remaining tabelspoon of maple syrup on top of roasted brussel sprouts
- Air Fryer Method-
- Preheat air fryer to 375*F.
- Follow the steps above. Instead of a sheet pan, but the Brussel sprout mixture at the bottom of an air fryer basket.
- Air Fry for 7-10 minutes, shaking the basket at 5 minutes. Make sure the bacon is cooked all the way through.