Sometimes a sweet crunchy cookie just hits the spot. As you know, I'm a sucker for almond. Almond cherry chip cookies, blackberry almond cake, berry salad with cinnamon candied almonds... It's a thing. A great thing 😉 Traditionally biscotti is served with coffee or tea, but I like mine with a nice glass of milk or some hot chocolate in the winter time. Yep, sugar on top of sugar with that one! These are so delicious and the drizzle of white chocolate on top just ties the cherry and almond flavors together so beautifully.
Quick & Easy
It's true that biscotti isn't quite as quick as a regular cookie, but it really just needs a quick slice and some extra time in the oven- plus it's a perk that you don't have to scoop the dough into a bunch of cookies. These really are easy to make, definitely beginner level!
How to Make Cherry Almond Biscotti
- Mix softened butter on high speed with an electric mixer for 1 minute until fluffy. Add the sugars and beat until creamy. Add the eggs and extracts and beat on high about 1 minute until creamy and smooth. In another bowl whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder. Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix on low just until combined. Add the almonds and dried cherries and mix just until incorporated.
- Scoop the dough onto a full-sized parchment lined baking sheet and smooth into a log that is about 3" wide and 1" thick.
- Bake at 325* for 30-35 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then slice diagonally into 1"- 1 1/2 " strips. Turn the strips onto their sides and return to the oven to bake an additional 20-25 minutes until crisp. The very centers might still be slightly tender- but only slightly! They will finish crisping as they cool.
- Allow to cool completely, then melt 1/2 cup white chocolate chips in the microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring each time. When they are melted, put in a sandwich bag and snip the ends and drizzle on the cookies. Or, use spoonfuls and let is drizzle over the edges onto the cookies. Allow the white chocolate to cool, then enjoy!
- Music: Dayspring Musician: Fireflies
Tips & Tricks
Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. If you live in a humid place, airtight is an absolute must! Feel free to try other dried fruits like craisins or blueberries!Print