You had me at chocolate and peanut butter... YUM! But seriously who doesn't love the irresistible flavor of chocolate and peanut butter together. I know it's a family favorite in this house. You know what's also a fan favorite here? That's right, pie. My husband only ever wants pie. In any and every form. So I was on a mission to turn two of our favorite things into a delectable dessert. And that's when Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Pie was born!
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Pie has an amazing texture! It's not as dense as a regular peanut butter cookie, but just as delicious. There is a great balance of chocolate chips and peanut butter but for you extra chocolate lovers, don't be afraid to add a half cup...or more!
How to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Pie
Just when you thought things couldn't get better, this dessert is quick and easy to make. First, you'll want to add together you wet ingredients. It will make a smooth mixture when mixed thoroughly in a stand mixer.
Then add in your dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly so the wet and dry ingredients are throughly incorporated. Last, you will mix in those chocolate chips. Again, for those extra chocolate lovers, add in additional half cup of chocolate chips for some ooey gooey goodness.
Press the dough into a greased 9" pie pan. I love my Glass Pie Pan, it is by far my favorite pie pan to use.
Cook the cookie pie at 325 degree for 15-20 minutes. The edges will crisp more than the moist center.
Go ala mode with this cookie pie and top it with vanilla ice cream or whipping cream. Feeling a little crazy?! I hear ya... drizzle some chocolate fudge to tie it altogether!
Try this fun chocolate chip shortbread for another fun chocolate chip dessert.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Pie
- 9 inch Pie Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- grease a 9 inch pie pan and set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, vanilla, softened butter, egg, and brown sugar in a stand mixer. Mix thoroughly until combined and creamy.
- Add flour, baking powder, to the creamy mixture.
- Mix in chocolate chips until evenly spread.
- Press the dough into the greased pie pan. Make sure to reach the edges all the way around.
- Bake the pie for 15-20, or until the center is fully cooked. The edges may be more set than the center.
- Top with ice cream and drizzle with fudge!
- Add an extra ½ cup of chocolate chips for extra chocolatey goodness.
MMMMM chocolate chip cookie pie was so good! We loved the peanut butter cookie base.