Making Garlic Bread in the Air Fryer is a little life changing. We have instructions for fresh and frozen. It makes it the absolute perfect texture. Hot and crisp on the outside and soft and warm on the inside. The garlic butter melts into it perfectly without making it soggy...It's absolutely heavenly. It's quick and easy and can be made in under 10 minutes.
This is popular year round, but especially in the cooler months to go with soups and pastas. Now that we can make air fryer garlic bread we love making it to go with salad in the summer without heating up the house with the oven.
This was inspired by our Easy Baguette Recipe, which you can use to make it completely from scratch. It pairs well with our Air Fryer Spatchcock Chicken, Rattlesnake Pasta and our Garden Veggie Pasta.
Below is a list of ingredients needed for this recipe. Follow our tips on each ingredient for best results.
- french bread- use your favorite french bread from the grocery store or local bakery. Or make our delicious French Baguette Recipe.
- butter- we use real butter and actually prefer an Irish butter, but any butter will work, including dairy free butter.
- parmesan cheese - you could also add in some mozzarella and/or romano for a fun cheese experience.
- garlic butter spread seasoning (see an easy substitution below if you don't have any!) We tested this recipe over and over again with a lot of different seasoning options and breads and cheeses and they were all delicious. The conclusion we came to was to keep it simple.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Garlic Bread in the Air Fryer
Use these process shots to help get the results you are wanting. The pictures can help with texture and be a visual guide for best results.
1. Preheat air fryer to 350*F. Place softened butter, garlic seasoning and parmesan cheese together in a bowl.
2. Mix butter, spices and cheese together with a fork. Make sure it is well combined.
3. Spread garlic butter liberally across the bread.
4. Place buttered bread in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook 2-5 minutes in batches. 2-4 minutes for a lightly golden exterior, yet soft and chewy interior. Cook 4-5 minutes for a crispier garlic toast. Cool and serve immediately!
Hint: All air fryers are created differently! Check your bread at 2 minutes and see how it's doing!
Substitutions and Variations
We love switching things up when we're in the kitchen. Try any of these variations for something a little different.
- Garlic Seasoning - mix 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic (about 3 cloves fresh garlic), 1 Tablespoon parsley and 1 teaspoon basil into the butter instead of the garlic seasoning mixture.
- Frozen Garlic Bread in Air Fryer - you can use frozen pre-made garlic bread for these. Simply cook in the air fryer at 360*F for 4 minutes, then check it and rotate it and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Sourdough Garlic Bread - is there anything better than sourdough for this? Perhaps not. Make as directed above only switch your French bread for Sourdough bread and ENJOY.
- Bread - this recipe will work with any type of artisan bread.. French, Italian, ciabatta, baguette, etc.
- Spicy - add ½ teaspoon chili pepper flakes to the garlic butter for a delicious spicy version!
- Rosemary Garlic Bread - we love Rosemary paired with Parmesan and garlic! When making the garlic butter add ½ teaspoon rosemary.
- Extra Cheesy - double the parmesan cheese, and add ½ cup mozzarella cheese for a cheesy delight! Add about 30-60 seconds to the cook time.
How to Serve Air Fryer Garlic Bread
We love to serve this hot alongside our favorite soup in the wintertime. We also think it goes great with pasta night or a gourmet salad of some sort, particularly if it has Italian or other Mediterranean flavors.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To eat, simply reheat in the air fryer at 360*F. for 2-3 minutes.
Enjoy right after cooking for the best texture and melty yummy cheese! Try to time when it's done to go with the rest of your meal.
As we have tested various recipes, we have realized that not all air fryers are created equal. Times and temperatures may vary. We used a NINJA Foodi Grill XL for this recipe.
These don't turn a deep golden brown when they're done. We have learned while recipe testing with air fryers that if you are waiting for things to turn deep golden, they are often dried out and hard as rocks. This recipe is no exception.
Garlic Bread in Air Fryer
- ½ loaf french bread or favorite artisan bread try our homemade baguette recipe here cut into ¾ inch slices
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ½ Tablespoons garlic seasoning spread
- OR substitute with
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic 3 garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat air fryer to 350*F.
- Take softened butter (make sure it's really soft) and place in a bowl. Add spices and parmesan cheese then stir until well combined.
- Spread the softened garlic butter on the bread. You can use as much or as little as you'd like.
- Cook in batches. Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook for 2-5 minutes. Air fryer cook times can vary, so start checking at minute 2. Cook to desired crispness. For soft and chewy, with a slightly crispy edge, cook 2-4 minutes. For a crisper, more toast like version, cook 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from air fryer and allow to cool a couple of minutes then serve immediately!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat in the air fryer at 350*F for 2-3 minutes.
- Freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Reheat in the air fryer at 350*F for 5-7 minutes.
- Enjoy this hot, right out of the air fryer for best results. We love it while it's hot and the butter is all melty.
- Not all air fryers are created equal. For reference, we used a NINJA Foodi Grill XL to air fry this garlic bread. Times and temperatures may vary.
- Don't wait for the bread to turn a deep golden brown or it will be too dried out and rock hard.