This Glazed Lemon Crinkle Cookie recipe is one of my favorite treats. They are tart, tangy and sweet and lemon-y... Not to mention so soft and chewy! These cookies are the best and easy to make and come together quickly. They have that old fashioned, old school soft and chewy texture. They taste like sunshine and summertime and are mouth-watering perfection.
I absolutely love lemon flavored things, especially when they have that tart mouth-watering punch. This recipe was inspired by another lemon cookie recipe I tried years ago. The cookie was okay, but all I could think was "where's that tart lemony goodness?" So I set out to create my own and these tart and tangy lemon crinkle cookies were born. They have that lemony zip we all love and are soft and chewy. Try our other favorite cookies: Cadbury Egg Easter Cookies, Lemon Blueberry Cookies Strawberry Lemon Cookies, Key Lime Cookies, Cherry Cookies with White Chocolate Chips, Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies and Strawberries and Cream Cookies.
Or try our other lemon treat Lemon Poppyseed Muffins with Yellow Squash.
First you'll want to zest or microplane your lemons, then using a lemon juicer, juice your lemons. Tip: I got my first microplaner almost 2 years ago and it changed my zesting life forever. if you only have one lemon and it doesn't give you quite enough juice, feel free to use lemon juice concentrate for the rest.
- Next, in a clean bowl whisk together your dry ingredients.
- Then you'll mix the wet ingredients and lemon zest.
- Combine your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, plop onto baking sheet and bake.
- Make tart lemon glaze then drizzle over cooled cookies.
Tart Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- ⅓ cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- zest from one lemon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat and set aside.
- Zest and juice lemon (depending on how juicy your lemon is, you may need more than one)
- In a clean bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using a hand-held or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar. Add vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice and egg and beat 2 minutes.
- Stir in dry ingredients slowly, just until combined. Dough will be pretty wet.
- Plop scoops of dough onto a lined baking sheet, about 1 ¼ inch diameter.
- Bake 9-11 minutes just until the tops of the cookies turn matte. (not shiny or melted looking). Cool for 3 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool at least 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice to form the tart lemon glaze.
- Using a spoon, fill it with glaze and allow it to drizzle over the cookie. These cookies are meant to be fun, so don't worry about a specific design!
These are seriously good and really quick to make! Yum! I will definitely make these again 🙂
I love lemon flavored goddies and these are wonderful. I will definitely make them again and again.
These are easy to make and have a nice strong tart lemon flavor. They are really soft and chewy too.
Wow! these tart lemon cookies are so good. They are soft and chewy and the perfect zip of spring and summer. The frosting/icing is soooo yummy. We like to make them in the wintertime on days we just want spring to come.
YUM! I love lemon crinkle cookies, these are so lemony! It's been winter forever and I wanted it to feel like spring so we made these and they were sooo good. The perfect texture and so tart and tangy!
These were an amazing treat! Perfect for spring and so tart and lemon-y. Easy to follow recipe!
These are super quick to make, and if you love lemon, you will love these cookies. They're soft and chewy and tart and tangy!
Love lemon and especially in cookies. Made these yesterday and I am making these again for Easter! thanks for sharing, they are really delicious!
Everyone loved these tart lemony cookies! I love the crinkled top too! I'll be making another batch this weekend!