Mmmmmm Keto Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers....All the flavors you love in a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich made more nutritious by switching out the bun for a pepper! I love a good Philly Cheesesteak. Who doesn't? They're cheesy and oniony and meaty and mushroomy and have sooo much flavor. Don't worry, if you aren't a mushroom person, these are still incredible without them.
The bell peppers are baked to an al dente perfection. No mushiness here. They are soft, yet still have that last bit of crunch to them. The cheese is gooey and stretchy and mixes in with all the other deliciousness. If you haven't tried these yet, do yourself a favor and make them for dinner tonight!
Try our Stuffed Pepper Casserole for another bell pepper based meal!
The peppers come together quickly and easily.
- Preheat your oven to 375
- Rinse peppers and slice in half vertically. Remove seeds. Lay on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Next you’ll slice the onion
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat and toss in the onion and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- While the onion cooks, cut up the mushroom.
- Put the mushroom, and minced garlic in the pan and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- While the mixture cooks slice up the meat into strips. Add to pan and cook until heated through
- Then, add the salt and pepper. We like them nice and peppery at our house, so I use about a teaspoon.
- Pull the peppers out of the oven and line with cheese. Fill with onion/mushroom/meat mixture, then top with cheese.
- Next return them to the oven to broil until the cheese turns golden brown and starts to bubble (about 1-4 minutes).
- Finally, your Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers are done! That mouth-watering smell you've been savoring is finally ready to eat!
Keto Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- 5 medium bell peppers
- 1 yellow onion large
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 ounce mushrooms portabello, cremini, button or another favorite
- 16 ounce roast beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 20 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Rinse and slice bell peppers in half vertically. Place on lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes
- While baking, slice onion, then saute on medium heat with butter for 5 minutes
- While cooking, slice mushrooms and roast beef.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms and meat to the onions and cook 5 more minutes
- Add salt and pepper to taste. We like ours really peppery so I add about 1 teaspoon of pepper
- Remove peppers from oven and line insides with cheese
- Fill each pepper with onion/mushroom/meat mixture and top with a slice of cheese
- Broil on high until golden and bubbly. Approximately 1-4 minutes.