Dill is one of my all time favorite seasonings! How often have your paired dill with a pasta dish?! Me neither, until now! Savory Sausage Dill Pasta is one of our families go to weeknight dinners. It's quick and easy and the whole family can enjoy. It hits all those tasty flavors in once dish, and it's packed with nutrients!
I love meals that have so many vegetables already in the dish. You can spend less time on thinking about what to add with the meal, it's the complete package!
Here's Savory Sausage Dill Pasta ingredients overview:
- Dried Dill
- Turkey Kielbasa
- Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
Yum! Together they make the perfect pairing of flavors. I also love the veggie fill you get from this dish.
How to make Savory Sausage Dill Pasta
Your first step is to cook the pasta according to the package directions. Note that the pasta will get extra cook time in the chicken broth. Because of this, I prefer to have my noodles al dente. With 5-7 minutes left, add the broccoli to the pot. Finish cooking the broccoli and pasta together. This hack saves on burners used, time, and pots! Drain the pasta and broccoli and set aside. Next, in a skillet, start sautéing the Onion, Turkey Kielbasa, and Garlic together. Once the onion becomes translucent, and the Turkey Kielbasa is browned, add the pasta mixture, and chicken broth. Cook until the chicken broth has reduced by half.
Before serving, toss in spinach and dill until spinach begins to wilt.
Sprinkle this dish with parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper for an extra kick. Enjoy every mouth watering bite!
PRO TIP- My kids love this dish but aren't a fan of the spice yet. Add red pepper flakes to individual bowls to make everyone happy!
Savory Sausage Dill Pasta
- Medium Sautee Pan
- medium sauce pan
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta 3 cups
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces turkey kielbasa halved and cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- 1 onion small, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cups spinach
- 1 tbsp dill
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Crushed red pepper optional
- In a large pan cook pasta al dente, adding the broccoli for the last 5-7 minutes of cooking time. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey kielbasa, onion, and garlic.Cook until sausage is browned, and onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Add cooked pasta and broccoli, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Heat through until broth is reduced by about half. Add spinach and dill. Stir until spinach wilts. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with parmesan. Add crushed red pepper if desired.
One of my favorite pasta recipes! The flavor never gets old!
So savory and delicious! My picky kids even liked it! 👍🏼👍🏼