Get ready for your next quick and easy meal that's ready in less than 30 minutes and only uses one pot, Greek Spaghetti recipe is so flavorful and makes the perfect dinner for the whole family. This Greek inspired pasta dish will be a fan favorite and you can customize it to your families preferences, adding in chicken for protein, substituting kalamata olives for black olives, or using feta cheese.
This Greek Spaghetti dish is perfect for a quick summer meal, or a cozy fall and winter dish. Bursting with flavor, during the summer months, use fresh homegrown tomatoes for extra love.
Try our fresh salad side Turkish Shepherd salad. Another Mediterranean inspired dish.
- Spaghetti Noodles
- Minced Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Kalamata Olives
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Feta Cheese
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Salt and Pepper
See recipe card for quantities.
- Start by chopping all the ingredients. Chop the fresh basil into bite size pieces. Set aside.
2. Slice the kalamata olives into thin slices. I prefer to buy pit-less olives to make this process easier. Set aside.
3. Slice cherry tomatoes in thirds. You can also use your favorite type of tomatoes. Set aside.
4. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Place the uncooked noodles in the boiling water and cook according to package directions. Cook until tender. Drain and set aside.
5. In the same pan you boiled the noodles in, heat olive oil on medium heat. Put minced garlic into the heated oil.
6. Sauté the garlic in the olive oil until the garlic becomes fragrant and darkens. This does not take long, about 2-3 minutes.
7. Add the cooked noodles with the olive oil and cooked garlic. Mix until noodles are well coated.
8. Add the chopped olives, basil, tomatoes, feta, and cappers to the noodle and olive oil mixture.
9. Toss until the chopped ingredients are well distributed. Serve the prepared Greek Spaghetti immediately.
Hint: Mix a dash of olive oil in the with the cooked noodles while you cook the garlic and olive oil. This will help the spaghetti noodles to not clump together and the other ingredients will mix easily with them.
- Black Olive - Kalamata Olives have a strong flavor that's not for everyone. While we love this flavor, try substituting kalamata olives for black olives.
- Green Olives - replace the capers withe sliced green olives.
- Tomatoes - replace the cherry tomatoes with any other type of tomato that you love.
- Dried Basil - Don't have fresh basil on hand, use 3 teaspoons of dried basil instead.
- Penne Noodles - instead of using spaghetti noodles, use penne, or bow tie noodles.
- Grilled Chicken - This is a great vegetarian dish but if you want to add protein, grilled chicken is a great addition. Add sliced grilled chicken to the top of this pasta dish.
- Dairy Free - Make this a dairy free dish by not using feta cheese.
To make this recipe you will need:
Store leftover pasta in an airtight container for 3-4 days. To reheat, place in a microwave safe dish and heat until noodles are warmed through.
This dish and ingredients do not freeze well.
Chop the olives, tomatoes, and basil while the noodles are cooking. This way everything is ready to assemble as soon as you are done cooking the garlic in the olives oil. This will make assembly very smooth.
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mince garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup kalamata olives chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers drained
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- 4 ounces feta crumbled
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Cook the Spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside in a separate bowl or strainer.
- While the noodles are cooking, chop the basil, kalamata olives, and grape tomatoes into slices.
- Once the noodles are done, place the olive oil in the large pot and heat over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant.
- Add the cooked noodle in with the sautéed garlic and olive oil. Add the salt and pepper. Toss the noodles until well coated. See photos above for a great visual.
- Add the sliced olives, basil, tomatoes, cappers, and feta cheese. Toss until well incorporated and evenly distributed.
- Serve warm.
- Replace the kalamata olives with black olives if desired.
- Make it dairy free by taking out the feta cheese.
- Add extra protein by adding sliced grilled chicken to the dish.
- Replace the capers with sliced green olives.
- Substitute spaghetti noodles with your favorite noodles like bow tie or penne.