Get ready for your next quick and easy meal that's ready in less than 30 minutes and only uses one pot, Greek Spaghetti recipe is so flavorful and makes the perfect dinner for the whole family. This Greek-inspired pasta dish will be a fan favorite.
This Greek Spaghetti dish is perfect for a quick summer meal, or a cozy fall and winter dish. Bursting with flavor, during the summer months, use fresh homegrown tomatoes for extra love.
Looking for other fantastic pasta dishes. Try our popular Rattlesnake pasta, or our flavor-packed Cajun Shrimp Pasta. Or you may love our fresh Mediterranean-inspired salad Turkish Shepherd salad. You'll also love this Asian Chopped Chicken salad.
Below is a list of ingredients used for this recipe. They are Mediterranean-inspired ingredients that are found in most grocery stores.
- Spaghetti Noodles- A great and easy noodle to make. You can also use noodles like penne, or ziti.
- Minced Garlic- Minced garlic is our favorite because of its strong flavor. You can also use garlic powder.
- Capers- A fun Mediterranean topping that gives a distinct pickled taste.
- Kalamata Olives- These olives give a great Greek flavor. If you aren't a fan, use a more mild black olive instead.
- Cherry Tomatoes- Fresh tomatoes pair great with this recipe.
- Feta Cheese- Adds a great Greek taste to this simple Greek Spaghetti.
- Fresh Basil Leaves- Fresh basil tastes the best but dried basil can be used in a pinch.
See recipe card for quantities.
How To Make Greek Spaghetti
Use these step-by-step process photos for the best results. This is a simple recipe that doesn't require a lot of time and preparation.
1. Sauté the garlic in the olive oil until the garlic becomes fragrant and darkens. This does not take long, about 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the cooked noodles with the olive oil and cooked garlic. Mix until noodles are well coated.
3. Add the chopped olives, basil, tomatoes, feta, and cappers to the noodle and olive oil mixture.
4. Toss until the chopped ingredients are well distributed. Serve the prepared Greek Spaghetti immediately.
Hint: Mix a dash of olive oil in the with the cooked noodles while you cook the garlic and olive oil. This will help the spaghetti noodles to not clump together and the other ingredients will mix easily with them.
- Black Olive - Kalamata Olives have a strong flavor that's not for everyone. While we love this flavor, try substituting kalamata olives for black olives.
- Penne Noodles - instead of using spaghetti noodles, use penne, or bow tie noodles.
- Grilled Chicken - This is a great vegetarian dish but if you want to add protein, grilled chicken is a great addition. Add sliced grilled chicken to the top of this pasta dish.
- Dairy Free - Make this a dairy free dish by not using feta cheese.
Learn From Us
I made this once without the olives and the feta cheese. The dish was really lacking in flavor. Make sure to have as many of the ingredients as possible for maximum flavor.
Storing Greek Spagehtti
Store leftover pasta in an airtight container for 3-4 days. To reheat, place in a microwave safe dish and heat until noodles are warmed through.
You can also serve this dish cold, like a pasta salad. It tastes great both warm and cooled.
The ingredients in this pasta dish do not freeze and thaw well.
Chop the olives, tomatoes, and basil while the noodles are cooking. This way everything is ready to assemble as soon as you are done cooking the garlic in the olives oil. This will make assembly very smooth.
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mince garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup kalamata olives chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers drained
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- 4 ounces feta crumbled
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Cook the Spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside in a separate bowl or strainer.
- While the noodles are cooking, chop the basil, kalamata olives, and grape tomatoes into slices.
- Once the noodles are done, place the olive oil in the large pot and heat over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant.
- Add the cooked noodle in with the sautéed garlic and olive oil. Add the salt and pepper. Toss the noodles until well coated. See photos above for a great visual.
- Add the sliced olives, basil, tomatoes, cappers, and feta cheese. Toss until well incorporated and evenly distributed.
- Serve warm.
- Replace the kalamata olives with black olives if desired.
- Make it dairy free by taking out the feta cheese.
- Add extra protein by adding sliced grilled chicken to the dish.
- Replace the capers with sliced green olives.
- Substitute spaghetti noodles with your favorite noodles like bow tie or penne.