This irresistible and easy Pumpkin Snickerdoodles cookie recipe made with pumpkin pie spice. This quick cookies resemble your favorite pumpkin pie using pumpkin puree. These will be an instant family hit, perfect for any get together or at home party!
One of our top cookies on pinterest, these festive fall treats are perfect for halloween and harvest parties. A simple, yet delicious spin on your favorite traditional snickerdoodle.
- Pumpkin Puree
- White Sugar
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
See recipe card for quantities.
- In a stand mixer combine the butter, sugar, pumpkin, and egg. Mix until smooth.
2. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice and mix until a dough is formed.
3. Combine cinnamon and sugar. Roll balls of dough into golf ball sized balls. Roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
4. Place the rolled dough on a parchment paper line baking sheet.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 350*F for 8-10 minutes.
6. Cool and enjoy these soft and chewy pumpkin snickerdoodles.
Hint: You don't want to reuse the cinnamon sugar after you are done rolling the dough in it. The dough has raw egg and can spoil the sugar mixture.
- Pumpkin Spice - we use cinnamon for the cinnamon sugar coating but if you are all about that pumpkin spice substitute the cinnamon for pumpkin pie spice at a 1:1 ratio.
- Don't have pumpkin pie spice, the recipe card has a blend of spices that can be used instead!
- Cream Cheese Frosting- frost the top of your cookies with cream cheese frosting. This is our favorite cream cheese frosting recipe from sally's baking addiction.
- White Chocolate Chips-add 1 cup of white chocolate chips to the dough and mix in. before baking.
- Stand Mixer
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
These cookies are good for 3-4 days in an air tight container.
Once baked, you can freeze the cookies. You can also freeze the dough. If freezing the dough we like to pre roll and sugar coat before putting them in an airtight container in the freezer.
The dough can get sticky when rolling into balls. To avoid this, wet your hands every few balls to help with a smooth roll.