These adorable chocolate covered Spooky Halloween Strawberries are a fun and festive treat to make during the fall season. This Halloween theme dipped recipe is so easy to make and delicious to eat, perfect for any party and get together.
Make these edible ghosts and skeleton themed fruit the center of attention at any Halloween party. They are perfect for school parties and trick or treat, treat ideas. This is a gluten free snack/treat.
For more festive food ideas be sure to check out our Halloween Rice Krispies, Halloween Dirt Cups, Halloween Cookies, Pumpkin Snickerdoodle, and Halloween Bark. For Valentine's Day or the 4th of July, try our Deviled (Cheesecake Stuffed) Strawberries).
- Fresh Strawberries
- White Chocolate Melting Chips
- Black Writing Icing
See recipe card for quantities.
- At 30 second intervals melt the white chocolate. Stir in between every 30 seconds until the chocolate is melted.
2. Dip the strawberries in the melted white chocolate. Coat all the way up the strawberry.
3. Place the strawberries on parchment paper so the chocolate will harden.
4. Once the chocolate is hard, draw ghost or skeleton faces on one side of the strawberries with the black writing icing.
5. Let the frosting set.
6. Serve these Halloween Strawberries as a fun after school snack, halloween party treat, or pre trick or treat fun.
Hint: Make sure to melt the chocolate in 30 second or less intervals. This will help you avoid the chocolate from over melting. When this happens, it becomes difficult to work with.
- Orange Food Coloring - use orange food coloring in the white chocolate and draw pumpkin faces to make jack-o-lantern strawberries.
- Dairy Free - Use your favorite dairy free chocolate to make this a dairy free and vegan treat.
- Green Food Coloring - add green food coloring to the white chocolate to make witch or Frankenstein faces.
- Parchment Paper
Store in the refrigerator loosely covered with plastic wrap for 2-3 days. The chocolate may start to have condensation on the outside over time. This is normal.
These do not freeze well and the texture of the strawberry will change.
Make sure to let the chocolate harden before adding the face. It will be very difficult to make if the chocolate is still soft.
This is a great activity to make with your kids or small children. They will love decorating spooky faces on strawberries.
Spooky Halloween Strawberries
- 12 Fresh Strawberries
- 1 ½ cup white chocolate melting chips
- 1 tube black writing icing
- In a glass microwavable bowl, melt the white chocolate chips. Microwave for 30 seconds, remove from the microwave and stir. Microwave for an additional 30 seconds and stir. Repeat as necessary until all of the chocolate is melted.
- Dip washed and dried fresh strawberries in the melted white chocolate. Place them on a piece of parchment paper. Let the chocolate harden around the strawberry. This usually happens quickly.
- Once the chocolate is hard, draw a ghost or skeleton face on the chocolate with the black writing icing. Let the icing set.
- Enjoy for any party or halloween get together or a fun pre trick or treat snack.
- Make sure to let the chocolate harden before adding the face..
- Let the icing face set before serving.