Easy Halloween Bark is a quick and fun halloween activity to do with the whole family. Adults and kids alike will have fun creating spooky designs as they get to make their own edible treat. Whether for a kids or adult party or traditional family night fun, you can't go wrong with the festive and spooky dessert.
This is the perfect quick dessert to make during fall, especially during the Halloween Season.
Be sure to check out our other Halloween party fun like our Halloween Strawberries, Halloween Rice Krispies, Halloween Charcuterie Snack board and yummy Easy Halloween Cookies!
- Pretzel Sticks
- Milk chocolate melting chocolate
- White Melting Chocolate
- Reese's Pieces
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Your favorite Halloween Candy
See recipe card for quantities.
- Place pretzel sticks on a parchment paper on a sheet pan. They can overlap and need to be close together.
2. Melt milk chocolate and evenly pour the chocolate over the pretzel sticks.
3. Make sure to cover all of the pretzels and keep the pretzels close together.
4. Melt the white chocolate and drizzle over the milk chocolate in a fun pattern to resemble a spiderweb.
5. Before the chocolate hardens, sprinkle on the halloween sprinkles and candy pieces.
6. Let the Halloween Bark cool and then break into varying sized pieces.
Hint: Have all your candy pieces ready before you melt the chocolate. You want to work fast once you start the assembly process to make sure everything stays together.
Use your favorite Halloween sprinkles and have fun! We love to use sprinkles that have either ghosts or eyes in them to make this look extra spooky. Here are some fun sprinkle ideas!
Substitutions and Variations
- M&Ms-we love using Reese's pieces because of their festive colors, but M&Ms work just as well.
- Chopped Up candy - use your favorite chocolate based halloween candy like Kit-Kat, snickers, milky way etc. Make sure to cut them into small bite sized pieces and sprinkle on top of the melted chocolate.
Store uneaten assembled bark in an airtight container on the counter for 3-4 days.
Let your kids be the artist! Make this a fun family Halloween tradition by letting your kids come up with their own spooky designs!
Easy Halloween Chocolate Bark
- 10 ounces milk chocolate melting wafers
- ⅓ cup white chocolate melting wafers
- 1 ½ cup pretzel sticks
- ½ cup Reese's Pieces
- ¼ cup halloween sprinkles
- On sheet pan lined with parchment paper arrange pretzel sticks in a pile, close together but spread out.
- Melt the milk chocolate melting wafers. Melt the chocolate according to the melting instructions on the package.
- Pour the melted chocolate on top of the pretzel sticks. Start from the outside in. This helps keep the pretzels in the right spot. Otherwise the pretzels tend to get pushed away from the center. Spread the chocolate evenly over the pretzels if needed.
- Melt the melting white chocolate according to melting instructions on the package. Place the melted white chocolate in the corner of a ziplock bag. Cut the corner of the bag and decorate the top of the milk chocolate in stripped patterns to make it look like a spiderweb!
- Sprinkle the Reese's Pieces and the halloween themed sprinkles on the milk and white chocolate.
- Place the sheet pan in the refrigerator for 20 minutes, or until chocolate hardens. Break the large chocolate piece into smaller pieces to complete your Easy Halloween Chocolate Bark.
- We love using the Ghirardelli Melting wafers, but you can use any type of melting chocolate you would like.
My family loved making this together
This halloween bark was so fun to make! I had all the ingredients handy and tasted delicious.