Easy Halloween Bark is a quick and fun halloween activity to do with the whole family. Adults and kids alike will have fun creating spooky designs as they get to make their own edible treat. Whether for a kids or adult party or traditional family night fun, you can't go wrong with the festive and spooky dessert.
This is the perfect quick dessert to make during fall, especially during the Halloween Season.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Festive Appearance: This recipe is a colorful and creative design making it an eye-catching treat. A mix of spooky and playful shapes, colors, and candies.
- Customizable: You can personalize this Halloween treat with various toppings and mix-ins, allowing for endless creative possibilities to suit your taste and theme.
- Easy to Make: This recipe is so simple to create, making it a fun and accessible treat for both beginners and experienced bakers.
- Versatile: It's adaptable to different preferences and dietary restrictions, you can use dark, milk, or white chocolate, and include gluten-free or vegan ingredients.
- Kid-Friendly: My kids ask for this fun treat every Halloween! They love eating it as much as the love making it.
- Party Favor or Gift: Make this recipe and then put it in festive bags or boxes, making it a party favor or gift for friends and family.
- Interactive Activity: My family loves when we make this recipe. It's a fun activity for families, friends, or kids, allowing them to get creative with their designs.
- Pretzel Sticks- This is the base of the bark. You can also use traditional mini pretzels.
- Milk chocolate melting chocolate- It's best to use name brand chocolate as it has better melting properties than off brand. You can also use dark chocolate or vegan and dairy free chocolate.
- White Melting Chocolate- This is a fun way to make this bark look spooky with a spider web effect.
- Reese's Pieces- The natural orange and yellow candies make a perfect halloween themed topping.
- Halloween Sprinkles- Get your favorite halloween sprinkles with fun ghost and pumpkin shapes.
- Your favorite Halloween Candy- Add on spooky eyes or other candies to make it your own.
See recipe card for quantities.
- Place pretzel sticks on a parchment paper on a sheet pan. They can overlap and need to be close together.
2. Melt milk chocolate and evenly pour the chocolate over the pretzel sticks.
3. Make sure to cover all of the pretzels and keep the pretzels close together.
4. Melt the white chocolate and drizzle over the milk chocolate in a fun pattern to resemble a spiderweb.
5. Before the chocolate hardens, sprinkle on the halloween sprinkles and candy pieces.
6. Let the Halloween Bark cool and then break into varying sized pieces.
Hint: Have all your candy pieces ready before you melt the chocolate. You want to work fast once you start the assembly process to make sure everything stays together.
Use your favorite Halloween sprinkles and have fun! We love to use sprinkles that have either ghosts or eyes in them to make this look extra spooky. Here are some fun sprinkle ideas!
Substitutions and Variations
- M&Ms-we love using Reese's pieces because of their festive colors, but M&Ms work just as well.
- Chopped Up candy - use your favorite chocolate based halloween candy like Kit-Kat, snickers, milky way etc. Make sure to cut them into small bite sized pieces and sprinkle on top of the melted chocolate.
- Sheet Pan
- Parchment Paper
Store uneaten assembled bark in an airtight container on the counter for 3-4 days.
Let your kids be the artist! Make this a fun family Halloween tradition by letting your kids come up with their own spooky designs!
- How do I create Halloween-themed designs on the bark?
- After spreading the melted chocolate, you can use a toothpick or a small piping bag with melted contrasting chocolate to create swirls, spider webs, or other designs. Use Halloween-themed silicone molds to shape chocolate decorations before placing them on the bark..
You can melt chocolate for Halloween bark using a double boiler or microwave. For the double boiler method, place a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water and melt the chocolate while stirring. For the microwave method, heat chocolate in short intervals, stirring between each interval until smooth.
Absolutely. You can use dark, milk, or white chocolate for Halloween bark. You can also create layered bark using different chocolate types for added visual appeal. You can even use dairy free and vegan chocolates like almond bark.
What kind of toppings can I use for Halloween bark?
This recipe uses reese's pieces and halloween sprinkles.
The toppings for Halloween bark are versatile. Common choices include chopped candy bars, colored sprinkles, crushed cookies, chopped nuts, dried fruit, and Halloween-themed candies.
After spreading the melted chocolate, you can use a toothpick or a small piping bag with melted contrasting chocolate to create swirls, spider webs, or other designs. Use Halloween-themed silicone molds to shape chocolate decorations before placing them on the bark.
Easy Halloween Chocolate Bark
- 10 ounces milk chocolate melting wafers
- ⅓ cup white chocolate melting wafers
- 1 ½ cup pretzel sticks
- ½ cup Reese's Pieces
- ¼ cup halloween sprinkles
- On sheet pan lined with parchment paper arrange pretzel sticks in a pile, close together but spread out.
- Melt the milk chocolate melting wafers. Melt the chocolate according to the melting instructions on the package.
- Pour the melted chocolate on top of the pretzel sticks. Start from the outside in. This helps keep the pretzels in the right spot. Otherwise the pretzels tend to get pushed away from the center. Spread the chocolate evenly over the pretzels if needed.
- Melt the melting white chocolate according to melting instructions on the package. Place the melted white chocolate in the corner of a ziplock bag. Cut the corner of the bag and decorate the top of the milk chocolate in stripped patterns to make it look like a spiderweb!
- Sprinkle the Reese's Pieces and the halloween themed sprinkles on the milk and white chocolate.
- Place the sheet pan in the refrigerator for 20 minutes, or until chocolate hardens. Break the large chocolate piece into smaller pieces to complete your Easy Halloween Chocolate Bark.
- We love using the Ghirardelli Melting wafers, but you can use any type of melting chocolate you would like.