Get ready for a quick and easy spooky monster dessert that's simple to make, Easy Halloween Rice Krispies recipe! With M&Ms and marshmallows, this crispy cereal treat is a homemade sensation. Made from scratch, these cute bars will satisfy all your little pumpkins.
Trying to find that perfect at home, work or school halloween dessert idea? Look no further. This is perfect for any fall celebration. It's simple and gluten free! Add in sprinkles, peeps, or candy corn, make them into bars or balls, there are so many variations for this spooky dessert using your favorite Kellogg's Rice Krispies.
This easy treat is made without gelatin, corn syrup, peanut butter, vanilla, or marshmallow fluff.
Also try our Christmas Rice Krispie Treats!
- Kellogg's Rice Krispies
- Mini Marshmallows
- Ghoul's Mix M&M's
See recipe card for quantities.
- In a large sauce pan, on medium heat, melt butter and add mini marshmallows.
2. Mix until the marshmallows just melt. Remove from heat immediately.
3. Add in rice krispies to the marshmallow mixture. Mix until a sticky mixture forms.
4. Gently mix in halloween themed M&M's.
5. Press gooey mixture into a greased 9X13 baking pan. Gently press into place with parchment paper.
6. Once cool, cut into bars and serve!
Hint: Make sure to let the Halloween Rice Krispies sit before cutting into them. This will give the chocolate time to reset and not smash to make a chocolate mess.
- Gluten Free-to ensure this is a gluten free treat, use gluten free cereal.
- Jumbo Marshmallows - substitute mini marshmallows with jumbo marshmallows. Use a 10 ounce package or about 40 marshmallows.
- Marshmallow Fluff or Creme- Instead of mini marshmallows, use 7 ounces of marshmallow fluff. Once the butter is melted, remove from the heat and mix in the fluff. Once mixed add the cereal and candies.
- Sprinkles - add halloween themed sprinkles to the top of the dessert. Make sure to do it right away so they stick.
- Candy Corn - add ¼-1/2 cup of candy corn as well as the M&M's.
- Large Sauce Pan
- 9x13 baking pan
Cover the 9X13 baking pan and store at room temperature for 2-3 days for fresh taste. Use a lid if the baking pan has one or with plastic wrap or tin foil. If the dessert is not covered, the bars will harden and become hard to eat.
Make sure to let cool completely before covering to avoid the cereal and marshmallows from getting soggy.
Do not freeze.
Be careful when pressing the finished product into the 9X13 baking pan. The M&M's will be soft from the heat but will keep their form as long as pressure isn't applied to them. Be gentle when mixing them in and pressing into the baking pan.
Easy Halloween Rice Krispies
- 9X13 baking pan
- Large Sauce Pan
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies
- 1 cup ghouls mix M&M's
- In a large sauce pan, on medium heat, melt the butter. Once melted add in the marshmallows and mix until they are just melted. Remove from heat.
- Immediately add in the rice krispies to the melted marshmallow butter mixture. With a large wooden spoon mix until a sticky mixture is formed.
- Add in the Ghouls mix M&M's and gently mix them in.
- Scrape the mixture into a greased 9X13 baking pan. Gently press down with parchment paper to help spread the mixture across the whole pan and even out the top. Let cool, cut, and serve!
- Make sure to press gently and mix gently once you begin working with the M&M's. This will help them from breaking and making a chocolate mess.
- Once completely cooled make sure to cover with a lid, plastic wrap, or tin foil to maintain freshness.
- Add in a ½ cup of candy corn if desired!
- When cooling, top with halloween themed sprinkles for more spooky fun.
Yes! If you use gluten free cereal, they are gluten free.