This delicious no bake Deviled Strawberries Recipe inspired by tiktok produces the yummiest cheesecake stuffed strawberries. Use cream cheese and make classic or with a chocolate filling, they are sooo yummy and will be a hit at any party!
As seen on Tiktok, Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries are obviously the perfect finger food for Valentine's Day. But we find they make a great treat at any summer party or at Christmastime and Thanksgiving as well. They are the perfect patriotic treat for Memorial Day and 4th of July as well.
They were inspired by our Halloween Strawberries, and would go perfectly with our Strawberry White Chip Cookies, Strawberry Lemon Cookies and our Brazilian Limeade with Strawberries during the summer.
For another fruit inspired dessert try this fun and tasty Banana Sushi. A fun dessert for the whole family.
Below is a list of ingredients needed for this recipe. Follow our tips on each ingredient for best results.
- cream cheese - we highly recommend PHILADELPHIA or other high quality cream cheese. Budget cream cheese can leave little bits and not end up as smooth. As we tested this recipe, we found that off brand cream cheese was sometimes gritty or lumpy.
- fresh strawberries - make sure they are red and ripe
- vanilla extract- pure extract is best
- cream - heavy or regular whipping cream
- lemon juice- just a tiny bit for regular cheesecake stuffed strawberries
- melting chocolate- optional, for use with chocolate stuffed strawberries
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Deviled Strawberries
Use these process shots to help get the results you are wanting. The pictures can help with presentation and texture.
1. Beat the room temperature cream cheese on high for one minute. Add the vanilla extract and cream and beat for an additional minute. Beat in the powdered sugar. If doing regular cheesecake strawberries, add your lemon juice here, then place in the refrigerator.
2. For the chocolate cheesecake version, melt the chocolate according to package directions, then beat into the cheesecake mixture until smooth. Add 1 more Tablespoon of whipping cream then combine until smooth. Place in refrigerator.
3. Rinse and dry strawberries. Cut off the stems, then cut in half lengthwise. Use a knife or spoon to scoop out the center of the strawberry. Alternatively, you can cut off the stems, then hull out the strawberry instead of slicing in half.
4. Place cheesecake filling into a piping bag or a sandwich bag. If using a sandwich bag, snip a small piece of the corner off. Stuff the strawberries by squeezing the cheesecake filling into the part that was cut out, overfilling them. Top with crushed graham crackers for plain, or chocolate chips for the chocolate ones, if desired.
Hint: Overfill the strawberries for a beautiful full look.
We love switching things up when we're in the kitchen. Try any of these variations for something a little different.
- Raspberries- substitute raspberries for the strawberries for an equally delicious treat! Cheesecake stuffed Raspberries are soooo yummy!
- Deluxe - add little bits of strawberries, white chips, chocolate chips and glaze with a strawberry jam at the end for a truly deluxe deviled strawberry!
- Dipped in Chocolate- dip the whole thing halfway in melting chocolate for an extra chocolate crunch!
- OREO or Nutella Stuffed Strawberries - for OREO, add ¼ cup crushed OREOs to the filling, for nutella simply use nutella as the filling.
- Mascarpone Stuffed Strawberries - substitute half to all of the cream cheese (depending on taste preference) with mascarpone cheese.
Learn From Us
We make these all the time and absolutely loved them. One time when making them I didn't have any melting chocolate and had some budget brand chocolate chips. I melted them in the microwave and even though they melted funny I hoped they would be fine. They weren't. The cheesecake filling was chunky and weird. They still tasted okay, but make sure to use melting chocolate for best results.
Storing Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
These don't store great. Store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
If you need to make them ahead, make the no bake cheesecake filling, then store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days before use.
We don't recommend freezing this recipe.
Make sure you beat the cheesecake filling until it's nice and smooth for best results! Make sure your cream cheese is all the way softened so that it beats down smoothly. If your cream cheese is cold, the filling will be lumpy.
Deviled Strawberries (Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries)
- 1 piping bag or ziploc bag
- 1 pound strawberries fresh
- 5 ounce cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup powdered sugar add an extra 1-2 Tablespoons to taste for a sweeter cheesecake filling
For Chocolate Cheesecake Filled Strawberries:
- ¼ cup meting chocolate (2 Tablespoons if only making half the recipe into chocolate)
- 1-2 teaspoons whipping cream
- Wash and dry strawberries. Remove strawberry stems then cut strawberries in half top to bottom. Use a knife or spoon to remove the center part of the strawberry.
For Regular Deviled Cheesecake Filled Strawberries:
- In a bowl, beat softened cream cheese on high for 1 minute, until smooth and creamy. Add whipping cream and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. See photos above for reference.
For Chocolate Cheesecake filled Strawberries:
- Follow the steps above then melt the melting chocolate according to package directions and stir into the cheesecake mixture. Add 1-2 teaspoons more whipping cream if it becomes too thick.
- Place cheesecake mixture into a piping bag or ziploc bag with one of the corners cut off to make a hole about ⅜" diameter. Squeeze the filling out of the bag into the center of the strawberry, filling generously.
- Top with crushed graham crackers or mini chocolate chips, if desired.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature for best results. This will create a smoother, creamier filling.
- Store in the refrigerator for a few hours. They will keep longer, but the strawberries will start to weep.
- To make ahead of time, wash and cut then refrigerate strawberries. Make filling and refrigerate. Assemble before eating.
- To make half regular and half chocolate: After making the regular deviled strawberry filling take half and place in another bowl. Melt 2 Tablespoons melting chocolate and stir in. Add 1 teaspoon whipping cream to thin the mixture if it becomes too thick.
- Garnish with mini chocolate chips or crushed graham crackers, if desired.