Brazilian Limeade with Strawberries is a delicious and refreshing drink made with fresh limes and strawberries. This sweet limeade made with sweetened condensed milk can be enjoyed with fresh strawberries or make it a cold refreshing drink with frozen strawberries.
We love making this drink for family cook outs/bbqs. This cold refreshing drink is perfect for a hot summer day. This drink is perfect for family get togethers, bridal or baby showers, and hot summer days. We love how quick and easy this cold drink comes together, ready in minutes!
A sweet drink made with simple ingredients. Look below for all the ingredients for Brazilian Limeade with strawberries.
- Limes - make sure you wash your limes well with dish soap and rinse well. You are blending the limes to create the lime juice so you want clean limes!
- Strawberries - fresh or frozen strawberries work great depending on the consistency you want your drink to have. Frozen strawberries will give it a refreshing slushy like consistency.
- Water- The base of the drink. Needed to make the limeade
- Ice- Ice gives it that cold refreshing slush.
- White Sugar- Sweetens the lime juice.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk- A traditional ingredient needed to make it a creamy limeade rather than traditional limeade.
See recipe card for quantities.
How To Make Brazilian Limeade
Follow these step-by-step photos for the best results. This recipe has unique steps you won't want to miss.
- Wash limes with dish soap. Rinse well. Quarter limes and place in a high speed blender with the water. Blend until the water looks pulpy.
2. Strain the blended lime pulp with a wire strainer catching the lime juice in a medium sized measuring cup or bowl. Rinse the blender.
3. Add the lime juice back into the rinsed blender. Add fresh or frozen strawberries. Blend until smooth. Add the ice and blend.
4. Pour the strawberry lime juice into a pitcher and mix in sweetened condensed milk and sugar.
Hint: Use frozen strawberries for a Brazilian limeade slush. Both frozen and fresh strawberries taste great!
- Coconut Milk- for a dairy free alternative, use coconut milk instead of sweetened condensed milk. You will need to adjust the sugar as coconut milk will not be as sweet as sweetened condensed milk.
- Frozen Strawberries - for a a limeade slush, use frozen strawberries to add more texture to the drink.
- Vegan Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk - for a vegan option, use vegan sweetened condensed coconut milk.
- Lemons - use lemons instead of limes to make our creamy lemonade . Add Strawberries to give it some fun extra flavor.
This drink is kid friendly. My kids can't get enough! This is an non-alcoholic drink that's perfect for family get togethers.
Learn From Us
For the longest time, I wasn't blending my limes long enough because I was afraid the pieces would be too small for my strainer. As soon as I started blending the limes longer, I got a much better tasting drink.
How to Serve
Storing Brazilian Limeade with Strawberries
Serve immediately. Or store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 day. Make sure to stir before serving as ingredients settle and separate with time.
This drink does not freeze well.
We love adding frozen strawberries to this limeade drink for a thicker consistency of the drink. It really feels like a refreshing, ice cold drink. A bag of frozen strawberries can keep in the freezer for several months and be ready when needed.
Brazilian Strawberry Limeade
- Wire Strainer
- 4 limes thoroughly washed
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups strawberries fresh or frozen
- ⅓ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup ice
- ½ cup sugar
- Throughly wash limes with soap and water, dry limes, cut limes into 4 wedges and place in a high speed blender with 3 cups of water. Blend until well blended
- With a wire strainer, pour contents of the blender into a clean container. Discard lime rinds in the wire strainer and any leftover rinds in blender. The lime liquid in the clean container should not have chunks! See photos above for a great visual on how to do this.
- Pour strained lime water back into the blender. Add strawberries, ice, sweetened condensed milk, and sugar and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately
- Use coconut milk if you want a dairy-free option. It gives it a fun additional flavor.
- Use lemons instead of limes. This will make it similar to our tasty Creamy Lemonade.
- Make sure to serve immediately. Stir before serving as the ingredients settle and separate quickly.
- If you need to make it ahead, stir before serving, and don't make it more than 1 day in advance.
- Blend the limes well to get the most flavor out of them.
Brazilian lemonade is made with limes, water, sugar, and sweetened condensed milk. This recipe has a strawberry spin to it. Adding fresh strawberries makes it a strawberry limeade.
Lemon juice and lime juice thickens sweetened condensed milk. It will begin to curdle when it sits. Be sure to stir before serving. Or quickly blend again before serving.
Brazilian Limeade is mostly sweet and tart. The drink does have a bitter undertone from the blended limes. The combination of flavors is delicious.