I'm always in search of a new, but quick way to make chicken. Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken is a great combination of flavors, while spicing up your standard chicken dinner. It's a flavor packed meal that is sure to be a hit.
You can't go wrong with when you pair together the tangy flavor of feta, the summer taste of sun dried tomatoes, and the addition of fresh spinach. You didn't realize this was missing from your life until now.
Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken is a great main dish that easily pairs with your favorite side. You can keep it simple with a basic side salad and let the chicken do the talking, or you could go bold and add a delicious pasta. Either way, you're winning!
How to easily tenderize chicken
My new favorite thing to do to chicken is beat it with a meat tenderizer! I always wondered why my chicken was so tough and chewy (GROSS). Then I got a meat tenderizer. This seems like a no brainer now, because it's literally in the name of the utensil, but it took me waaaay too long to catch on. It's a game changer for sure!
How to assemble Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken
When assembling Spinach and Feta stuffed Chicken, be sure to have plenty of toothpicks on hand. Don't be afraid to use as many as necessary to keep your bundle of flavor inside the chicken.
Place the seam down on the parchment paper to help hold things together.
This recipe makes 4 medium stuffed chicken breasts. If you are cooking for a smaller crew, you don't have to double down on the inside ingredients. Just add more stuffing to less chicken breasts. Your taste buds will thank me later.
Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken
- sheet pan
- meat tenderizer
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- ⅓ cup sun dried tomatoes diced
- ¼ cup feta
- ½ tablespoon garlic minced
- 6-8 leaves fresh basil minced (1 teaspoon dried basil)
- ¼ cup parmesan
- 1 tablespoon onion minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees
- Put spinach, sun dried tomatoes, feta, garlic, basil, parmesan, and onion in a medium bowl. Mix together.
- Lay out chicken breasts and smash flat with a meat tenderizer. About ½ inch thick.
- Put ¼ cup mixture in the center of each flattened chicken breast.
- Pinch the sides together and secure with tooth picks.
- Place chicken breasts on a parchment paper lined (or silicon mat) baking sheet, toothpick seam down.
- Brush the top of each chicken breast with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken in the oven for 20 minutes. Check for doneness, when the chicken juice runs clear or internal temperature of 165.
- Cooking for a smaller crew? You don't have to double down on the ingredients. Pack each chicken breast with more filling for extra flavor!
We loved this Spinach and Feta stuffed chicken! IT was so yummy and flavorful and tender.