One of the best holiday flavor combinations is white chocolate and peppermint! They pair together perfectly with these soft and chewy cookies. The cookie base isn't overly sweet and is complemented by the sweetness of the white chocolate and candy bits. These are so delicious yet fun and festive. White Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies are quick and easy to make, making them perfect for a holiday cookie party or a special after school snack for the kids.
To make these cookies, you'll need:
- baking soda
- candy canes
- white chocolate chips
See recipe card for quantities.
Make these like normal cookies: Preheat your oven to 350*F. Then start by creaming the butter and sugar together. Beat on high until well combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat on high about 1 minute. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
Crush the candy cane. Use a hard flat surface and the bottom of a glass to break up the candy cane. Use pieces of all sizes and don't worry if some it turns to dust, just mix it in.
Add the candy cane bits and white chocolate chips and mix with a spatula until just combined.
Place lumps of dough around 1.5 Tablespoons big on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes.
Hint: Cookies are perfectly done when the tops turn matte and the edges just start to turn golden brown.
Feel free to switch these up with different types of candy canes. Try spearmint and peppermint for a pop of flavor and a more festive look!
Use a stand mixer or bowl with electric mixer.
If using a silicone baking mat instead of parchment paper, bake an additional 1-2 minutes.
Store these cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days. They won't go bad for much longer, but the texture just isn't the same after 3 days. Warm up in the microwave for 5-8 seconds for a more fresh taste.
Freeze cookies in an airtight container. I like to put them in the freezer while they are still slightly warm. Upon thawing, this creates that soft chewy texture we all love!
White Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 ¼ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 7 crushed candy canes
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Beat on high until well combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat on high about 1 minute. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Crush the candy cane. Use a hard flat surface and the bottom of a glass to break up the candy cane into little pieces.
- Stir in the candy cane bits and white chocolate chips with a spatula until just combined.
- Place cookie dough on parchment lined baking sheet in mounds of about 1.5 Tablespoons.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the tops have turned matte and the edges are lightly golden.