Big Mac Sloppy Joes are a sloppy joe variation with copycat McDonald's Big Mac secret sauce, a one pot meal ready in 30 minutes. An instant family favorite meal, this easy homemade twist on the classic sloppy joe is a fun copycat McDonalds meal that brings fast food home with ingredients you can trust.
Have your favorite taste of onions, pickles on a sesame seed bun at the comfort of your home. This meal is a perfect weekday meal for any busy night. We love our 30 minutes or less meals!
These other 30 minutes or less meals are quick and easy and perfect for any busy weeknight. Serve these up with our Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks. Try our healthier version of rattlesnake pasta. Or try a quick air fryer pierogie and kielbasa meal to mix things up.
- Ground Beef
- Yellow Onion
- Dill Pickles
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Table Salt
- Black Pepper
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sesame Seed Bun
- Ice Burg Lettuce
See recipe card for quantities.
- In a large skillet, on medium heat, cook the ground beef until completely cooked through (there should be no pink). As the meat cooks break into smaller pieces.
2. Turn heat to low. Add in chopped dill pickles and yellow onion.
3. Stir the chopped pickles and yellow onions into the ground beef mixture to make it evenly mixed.
4. Mix together the thousand island dressing and mayo to make the copycat McDonald's secret sauce.
5. Mix in the thousand island dressing mixture into the ground beef, onion , and pickle mixture.
6. Stir until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Stir in shredded cheese. Mix until cheese is completely melted.
8. Prepare a sesame seed bun, toasted or not, with shredded ice burg lettuce. On the bottom bun, add copy cat big mac ground beef mixture.
Hint: Have all ingredients chopped and ready to go before cooking the ground beef. Once the ground beef is cooked, each step goes quickly!
- Lettuce - instead of ice berg lettuce, you can use romaine lettuce or spinach
- Bun - use gluten free buns instead of white bread buns to make this gluten free
- Vegetarian - the ground beef can be replaced with a plant-based burger to make this vegetarian
- Ground Turkey- use ground turkey instead of ground beef to have a healthier meat.
- Ground Chicken - use ground chicken instead of ground beef to have a healthier meat
- Onion - instead of yellow onion, you can use purple onion or white onion.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes while cooking ground beef.
- Deluxe - add pickles, avocado, or a cheese slice on top of the sloppy joe mixture.
This quick and easy one pot meal only requires a large skillet and a mixing spoon to prepare the dish.
Store the lettuce and buns separately from the sloppy joe mixture in the fridge, and recombine when ready. Good for 2-3 days.
These ingredients don't stand up well to freezing.
Salt and pepper the sloppy joe mixture to taste. Some prefer no salt or pepper with the sauce because it carries enough flavor in the thousand island dressing.Print
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove