Air Fryer Pierogies with Kielbasa is a great meal ready in 30 minutes. Using the air fryer, you can go from a frozen pierogies to a quick, easy dinner with kielbasa, red bell peppers, and onions, in no time at all. Don't have an air fryer? Use this same frozen pierogies recipe to make grilled pierogies. Both methods are delicious and have similar results, pillow like European dumplings topped with a mustard vinaigrette.
Mrs. T's Pierogies are my favorite brand of frozen pierogies. They come in a variety of flavors of potato and cheese dumplings and can be found in the frozen food section of most grocery stores. For this recipe, I used the four cheese medley pierogies.
For more quick meals, try this ready in 10 minute spicy peanut noodles!
- Frozen Pierogies - I love using the Mrs. T Brand. My favorite variety is
- Red Bell Peppers
- Yellow Onions
- Whole Grain Mustard
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
See recipe card for quantities.
Air Fryer Method
- Place frozen pierogies in an air fryer basket. They can overlap a little, but make sure they aren't on top of one another.
- Place kielbasa link in the air fryer basket with the pierogies
3. Air fry the frozen pierogies and the kielbasa link for 15 minutes, flipping pierogies halfway through.
Make sure the kielbasa is warm all the way through and the pierogies are warm in the middle. They should be gold brown.
4. While the pierogies cook, sauté the vegetables and mix together the whole grain mustard vinaigrette.
5. Toss the cooked pierogies, kielbasa, and sautéed vegetables and place on a large plate or serving platter.
6. Pour the whole grain mustard vinaigrette over the dish and serve immediately.
Whole Grain Mustard Vinaigrette
In a small dish, combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, and whole grain mustard. Whisk together with a work until well incorporated. The oil will separate so whisk together before pouring on pierogie dish.
While the pierogies are cooking in the air fryer or on the grill. Saute the onion and bell peppers.
In a medium sized frying pan, on medium heat, heat olive oil. Place chopped onions in the hot oil and sauté for 3-5 minutes. Add the bell peppers and sauté for another couple minutes until the onions are translucent and the bell peppers are tender yet crisp.
I wait to add the bell peppers until the end to keep crisp bell peppers. I don't like when the bell peppers get soggy.
Set aside until pierogies and kielbasa are done cooking. Combine cooked kielbasa, pierogies, and sautéed vegetables on a serving platter.
Pour the whole grain mustard vinegar dressing over the top of the pierogies, meat , and vegetables.
Follow the instructions as written but instead of using an air fryer, use the grill.
On medium heat, place frozen pierogies on the grill. Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side. Grill marks will appear on the pierogies. Cook longer if necessary if the center is not thawed and hot.
At the same time grill the kielbasa link until dark brown on the outside and an internal temperature to 145-175 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook for 4-6 minutes and then flip and cook an additional 4-6 minutes.
Hint: Assemble all together on a large serving platter so the mustard vinegar flavors the entire dish.
- Green Peppers- instead of using red bell pepper, use green bell pepper or even yellow bell pepper. You could use a variety of all three to make a colorful meal.
- Apple Cider Vinegar - substitute the red wine vinegar for apple cider vinegar for a tangier tasting vinaigrette.
- Vegetarian - make this a vegetarian meal by leaving out the kielbasa. Add in extra ½ cup onion and bell pepper.
- Olive Oil - Not a fan of mustard and vinegar? Sprinkle the dish with olive oil, salt and pepper, for a different flavor.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes while cooking to add heat into the dish, or banana peppers
- Deluxe - use kielbasa that has cheese inside of it for more flavor.
- Kid friendly - serve the dish with pierogies, kielbasa, and sautéed vegetables in three different serving dishes so kids can assemble their own dish based on personal taste.
Air fryer - for the air fryer method, you will need to an air fryer. We love using the Ninja Foodie Pro. I love how versatile it is. You can use the air fryer function or the grill function for this recipe with the Ninja Foodie Pro.
Grill - If using the grill method, you will need a grill. Any style of grill will do gas or charcoal. Again, we love using the grill function on the Ninja Food Pro.
Store cooked pierogies in an airtight container for 2-3 days. We keep the pierogies, kielbasa, and sauteed vegetables
These ingredients don't stand up well to freezing.
Whether you use the air fryer or grill method, you will get a delicious tasting dish with similar textures in the kielbasa and pierogies!Print