Get ready for this delicious and heavenly tasting Easy Peanut Butter Ramen. Spicy peanut noodles is a quick and easy meal made in less than 10 minutes with a slightly spicy kick to it. Using fresh ingredients, this better than takeout meal makes the perfect single serving dish or group dinner. An easy vegetarian style noodle recipe that can be eaten on its own, or served with cilantro, green onion, and peanuts for extra flavor.
The idea for this meal gained popularity with a variation on TikTok as seen by Kara and Nate. This healthier version packs in more flavor and makes the perfect lunch or dinner.
- Ramen Noodles- Millet and brown rice ramen is our go to!
- Natural Peanut Butter - creamy or crunchy. Our favorite is this one.
- Soy Sauce
- Ground Ginger
- Chili Garlic Sauce
See recipe card for quantities.
- Green Onion
- Place the peanut butter and honey in a medium sized mixing bowl. Whisk together with a fork until well mixed.
2. Add the chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, and dried ground ginger into the bowl with the mixed honey and peanut butter.
3. Mix all of the sauce ingredients together in the mixing bowl until you have a smooth sauce. If using thicker peanut butter, use soy sauce (in small quantities) to help thin the sauce.
4. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Place the ramen noodle blocks in the boiling water.
5. Boil the noodles according to package directions.
6. Drain the noodles and return to the pot or medium sized bowl.
7. Mix the peanut butter sauce with the cooked and drained ramen noodles.
8. Serve with garnishes on top like cilantro, green onion, and chopped peanuts for divine peanut noodles.
Hint: Add more chili garlic sauce if you want the ramen to be spicier. If you don't want any spice to the ramen dish, serve the chili garlic sauce on the side for those who want to mix it in to their portion.
- Instant Ramen- substitute the ramen noodles with instant ramen noodles. Open a package of ramen noodles (if a serving for 1) and discard the seasoning packet. Cook the noodles according to the package direction and then drain the noodles completely. Mix with the peanut sauce and enjoy!
- Mai Poi Chili Sauce- Substitute the chili garlic sauce with Mai Poi Chili Sauce. The flavor will differs slightly but still have a delicious taste.
- Sriracha- Instead of using chili garlic sauce, use sriracha. This will add a lot more heat so use in moderation. The flavor will vary from the original recipe as well.
- Non Natural Peanut Butter- Natural Peanut Butter has a thinner/runnier consistency than non natural peanut butter like Skippy of Jiff. If using non natural peanut butter, the peanut butter sauce will be thicker. Add extra soy sauce, ¼ tsp at a time, to get a thinner consistency.
- Spicy - want it extra spicy? Double the chili garlic sauce, or splash on some sriracha.
- Deluxe - add garnishes like cilantro, green onion, and chopped peanuts to the top of the prepared ramen dish.
- Kid friendly - serve the noodles plain with the peanut sauce, sans chili garlic sauce. My kids love these noodles!
- Protein- Top with cooked shrimp or shredded chicken for added protein to the dish.
- Not Spicy! - Don't like it spicy? Skip the chili garlic sauce altogether. If serving for a large group, we have a dish of chili garlic sauce on the side so people can put as much or as little as they want in their own serving.
- Jammy Egg - Add a jammy egg to this noodle recipe. Check out our recipe here.
- Medium sized pot
- Medium Sized mixing bowl
- Spoon for mixing
- Chopsticks, for eating (optional)
If not eating right away, don't mix the noodles and sauce together until ready to eat and serve. When the noodles and sauce are mixed together for an extended period of time the noodles soak up the flavor and it's not as strong.
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Reheat in the microwave. As noted before the flavor will not be as strong and you may need to add a dash of soy sauce, peanut butter, and or chili garlic to add a punch of flavor.
Garnish with cilantro, green onion, and peanuts after you reheat the leftovers.
Use natural peanut butter if possible when making this meal. The peanut butter sauce will be thinner/runnier constancy that is easier to mix with the ramen noodles. When non natural peanut butter, or thicker natural peanut butter is used, you will need to mix in a little extra soy sauce to help the sauce thin and mix well with the ramen noodles.