The Perfect Jammy Eggs are a delicious soft-boiled egg that not only looks impressive, but are easy to make. Whether you make them for the perfect breakfast or pair them with your favorite ramen dish, you'll never want to make eggs any other way. This quick and easy gooey centered egg is going to be your new favorite way to hard boil eggs.
This soft boiled egg can be used for Japanese or Korean inspired dishes like ramen and other noodle and curry dishes, avocado toast, or salads, you can make them all year long. Bring any breakfast to life with these delicious eggs.
Pair these eggs with our peanut butter ramen, or use as a side dish with our easy egg and sausage breakfast casserole.
- Eggs- These eggs don't have to be at room temperature and can go directly in the boiling water from the refrigerator.
See recipe card for quantities.
- On high heat, bring a medium sized sauce pan to a boil.
2. Carefully drop each egg into the boiling water either with a wire basket, or a large spoon. I often use a pasta ladle, it works great! Set a timer so you don't overcook the eggs!
3. While the eggs boil, prepare an ice water bath in a medium sized bowl. The eggs need to go immediately into ice water so the cooking process stops.
4. When the timer goes off, immediately remove the eggs from the boiling water and place them in the water bath to cool. Immersing them in ice cold water will also make them easier to peel.
5. Peel each egg , carefully. Discard the shell. Cut each egg in half with a sharp knife.
6. Serve each egg plain, or you can top them with salt and pepper or everything but the bagel seasoning. Serve with ramen, salads, or on toast.
Hint: Setting the timer is key for this recipe! If you over cook the eggs, they can still be used, but you will have a chalky like center of a hard boiled egg instead of a soft, jammy centered egg.
How to Serve
These impressive looking eggs will wow any guest but also add a fun look and taste to your favorite dishes! These eggs go perfect with:
- Japanese Style Dishes
- Korean Style Dishes
- Avocado Toast
Make these eggs fun by adding extra spices or seasoning!
- Everything but the bagel seasoning - these eggs are delicious with everything but the bagel seasoning sprinkled on top. The perfect touch of garlic, onion, and salt taste.
- Soy Sauce - Dash soy sauce on top of each egg when serving with your favorite ramen or noodle dish.
- Medium Sauce Pan
- Wire ladle- for removing eggs (optional)
- Large Spoon
- Medium Sized Bowl
These eggs are stored best unpeeled and in the refrigerator. Store for up to 3 days before eating. When ready to eat, peel, cut in half and serve with your favorite dish or eat as a snack.
If eggs are peeled and cut in half, you can still store them in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to eat, simply remove from the air tight container and pair these tasty looking eggs with your next breakfast or ramen dish.
Set a timer to ensure you cook these eggs to perfection. If you happen to over cook the eggs, no worries. It may take practice to get the perfect texture you desire. Every location can vary cook times. If your soft boiled eggs turn to hard boiled eggs, you can still use them for other meals like egg salad sandwich or just a healthy protein filled snack.
The Perfect Jammy Eggs
- Sauce Pan
- 4-6 eggs
- Bring a pot of water to a boil on the stove top.
- With a wire strainer or spoon, carefully place the eggs into the boiling water. The eggs can be straight from the refrigerator and don't have to be at room temperature.
- Boil the eggs for 6.5-7 minutes. Don't forget to set a timer to ensure the correct texture! This may take practice and can vary depending on your location.
- While the eggs boil, prepare ice water in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- When the time is up, immediately remove the eggs from the boiling water and place them in the ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Cool the eggs until easy to handle. Peel, cut in half, and serve as a snack or with your favorite dish.
- Don't forget to set a timer to ensure the right texture in the center of your eggs.
- You can store these eggs, peeled, in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
Unlike the chalky center of a hard boiled egg, these soft boiled eggs have a more jam like center.
Eat jammy eggs with ramen, noodle dishes, curry dishes, avocado toast, or plain toast, or with salads.
Bring a sauce pan to a rolling boil and boil for 6.5-7 minutes. See recipe card for more details.
These were so easy to make. I was always really intimidated by making this style of egg but the center was perfectly cook, the perfect jam texture and I used them as ramen eggs.