Easy Air Fryer Eggs, the perfect hard "boiled" egg ready for any meal prep or easy breakfast. Whether you are making deviled eggs, egg salad sandwich, or just need a high protein healthy snack, this easy recipe will be done in no time. Save time by making your eggs with this fun new method!
We make hard boiled eggs regularly in our home. We love them to snack on, or add them to our toast and ramen.
These eggs will not explode when cooked in an air fryer!
These perfectly cooked, hard centered eggs, as famously seen on TikTok, make the best deviled eggs. Be sure to check out our favorite recipe here. Whip them up with some Air Fryer Turkey Bacon for a yummy breakfast!
See recipe card for quantities.
- Preheat the air fryer to 300*F. Once the it is preheated, place raw eggs at the bottom of the basket. Make sure there is space between the eggs. You can place as many of them as your basket will hold at a time as long as they don't touch!
- Cook for 12-14 minutes. This is something you will need to experiment with depending on the type of air fryer you have. We use the ninja foodi and the eggs were a great texture at 13 minutes.
3. While they are cooking. Prepare a medium sized bowl with water and ice. Set aside until they are done.
4. Once the timer goes off, carefully place the hot eggs immediately into the the ice water bath. You will need a hot pad or tongs to help grab the eggs, they will be hot!
Placing them in the ice bath stops the cooking process, but also always you to peel them more easily.
5. Once cooled and are easily handled, place them in the refrigerator for later meals and snacks or peel right away to eat!
When using this recipe, the shell may be a little harder to remove than when boiling them on the stove top.
6. Once you are ready to serve and eat, cut them in half and eat plain, serve them on top of toast, or use them in your favorite recipe.
7. Be sure to check out our variations below to find fun ways to season once cooked!
Hint: Air fryers are not all created equal. Times and temperature may vary differently depending on the brand you have. Before changing the temperature, we like to experiment with the cook time. This little tweaking usually gets us the results we are looking for.
How to use Air Fryer Eggs
- Egg Salad Sandwich- once peeled, chop into small pieces, and add them to your favorite egg salad recipe and eat with sour dough or rye bread.
- Toast and avocado - slice into thin slices and place on top of toast with sliced avocado for a high protein snack or breakfast.
- Potato Salad- Add a flare to your favorite potato salad recipe by adding chopped hard eggs.
- Green Leaf Salad- Whether you are using green leaf lettuce or spinach, add extra protein by using this recipe to top the salad with.
- Ramen of Curry- Added protein in the form of egg is one of my favorite additions is any ramen or curry dish.
- Soft Boiled Eggs - follow the recipe above but shorten the cook time to about 9 minutes for a runny yellow center.
- Jammy eggs - using the instructions above, adjust the cook time to 10-11 minutes for a jammy centered egg. Or use the boiled water method by checking out our recipe here!
- Everything But the Bagel - add this divine seasoning, as found at Trader Joes, Costco or Aldi, for a flavor burst.
- Red Pepper Flakes- want it spicy? Shake red pepper flakes once sliced in half.
- Dill - One of the least used seasonings but one of our all time favorite tastes, sprinkle dill on the final product.
- Salt and Pepper- Keep it classy with your basic but never fail salt and pepper.
- Hot Sauce/Sriracha- Need a chipotle or hot sauce flare? Add your favorite sauce to the top of your cooked snack.
- Soy Sauce - Using this air fryer recipe to top your favorite ramen or curry? Once cut in half splash a taste of soy sauce on them.
- Air Fryer
- Tongs (optional) - A method of removing the hot ones from the bottom of the basket.
- Hot Pads (optional) - A method of removing the eggs from the basket when too hot to handle.
- Medium Sized Bowl - used for the water bath once the eggs are done cooking.
Once the egg is peeled, don't cut in half and store uneaten hard eggs in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
You can store them in the fridge with the shell still on, but it may be more difficult to remove the shell later on. This is still a great way to store them.
This recipe does not stand well to freezing.
Experimenting with cook times is key when trying to figure out your air fryer. If the yolk has a green ring around it, it's still edible and will be delicious but it's an indication that you cooked your eggs too long. Try shortening the cook time next time!
Easy Air Fryer Eggs
- Preheat air fryer to 300* F.
- Place eggs, spaced out, at the bottom of the air fryer basket. You can add as many eggs as the basket will allow maintaining appropriate space between each of them.
- Cook for 12-14 minutes. You may need to adjust the cook time based on which type of air fryer you have.
- While cooking, prepare an ice water bath to place them in. This stops the cooking process and makes it easier to peel.
- When the timer goes off place in the ice water to cool until they are easily handled.
- Peel and store for meal prep or cut in half and eat as a snack, side, or paired with your favorite meal.
- All air fryers are created differently. You will need to experiment with cook time until you find what works best for your brand and style.
WOW this really worked! I thought for sure the eggs would explode but they made the most perfect textured hard boiled egg. This air fryer egg recipe was so easy!