This Air fryer turkey bacon is hot, crisp and delicious, making it the perfect texture. Made in minutes and with less mess, it is the very best and will be your new go-to method to cook turkey bacon.
Air Fryer turkey bacon is a great on-the-go breakfast. Made in minutes, it's delicious and easy and really the best.
This was inspired by our Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs on this site, and pairs well with these Air Fryer Eggs or Banana Pumpkin Muffins.
Use a clear shot of the ingredients for this recipe, prepped, and labeled if necessary. Insert the ingredients into the list below, omitting quantities.
- turkey bacon
See recipe card for quantities.
1. Preheat the air fryer to 360*F. Place turkey bacon in the air fryer in a single layer, making sure there isn't any overlapping.
2. Place air fryer basket inside the air fryer and close the lid. Cook for 5 minutes without opening the lid
3. Open the lid. The meat should look like it's about halfway or slightly over halfway done. Flip the turkey bacon over and close the lid again. Cook for 3-5 additional minutes.
4. Bacon is done when it reaches desired crispness. Place on a paper towel to absorb excess oil and moisture. Serve warm!
Hint: For flexible, bendy bacon that is light in color, we recommend 4 minutes for the first round of cooking, then 2-4 minutes for the second round.
- Pork Bacon- you can substitute regular bacon for turkey bacon if desired.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes while cooking to imbue heat into the dish
- Brussels Sprouts with Bacon- make a delicious side dish by air frying brussels sprouts then adding turkey bacon!
- Maple - after the first round of cooking, remove bacon and toss in a one Tablespoon of real maple syrup (we like this one), then place back in the air fryer and cook until crisp. This way is delicious and creates a nice juicy crust on the bacon, but be warned, it is messy!
You can use any air fryer, we use and love this one.
The most important thing to remember is to only have the turkey bacon in a single layer when air frying!
Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Reheat in the air fryer at 360*F for 1-2 minutes.
These can also be stored in the freezer. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Thaw completely then reheat in the air fryer at 360*F for
Cooking time can vary not only by brand of air fryer, but by model too! You may need to cook shorter or longer depending on your air fryer.
Turkey Bacon in Air Fryer
- 10 oz turkey bacon
- Preheat air fryer to 360*F
- Place turkey bacon in a single layer in the bottom of an air fryer basket
- Place basket in air fryer and cook for 5 minutes
- Open air fryer and flip turkey bacon. Cook and additional 2-5 minutes, depending on how crisp you like your bacon
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator (up to 5 days) or freezer (up to 2 months). Reheat in the air fryer at 360*F for 1-3 minutes until hot and crisp.
Turkey Bacon tastes best cooked in an air fryer. Cook at 360*F for 5 minutes, flip, and cook an additional 3-5 minutes.
Cook in an air fryer at 360*F for 5 minutes. Flip the bacon then cook an additional 3-5 minutes until desired crispness is achieved.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
YUM! We love our turkey bacon cooked in the air fryer. The texture is perfect and crisp! What dreams are made of.