This Air fryer turkey bacon is hot, crisp and delicious, making it the perfect texture. Made in minutes and with less mess, it is the very best and will be your new go-to method to cook turkey bacon.
Air Fryer turkey bacon is a great on-the-go breakfast. Made in minutes, it's delicious and easy and really the best.
For more air fryer recipes and tips be sure to check out our How To Use an Air Fryer guide.
Below is a list of ingredients needed for this recipe. Follow our tips on each ingredient for best results.
- turkey bacon - use your favorite brand for this recipe. We found while testing this recipe that brand could make a big difference in flavor and quality of the results.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Cook Turkey Bacon in the Air Fryer
Use these process shots to help get the results you are wanting. The pictures can help with texture and be a visual guide for best results.
1. Preheat the air fryer to 360*F. Place turkey bacon in the air fryer in a single layer, making sure there isn't any overlapping.
2. Place air fryer basket inside the air fryer and close the lid. Cook for 5 minutes without opening the lid
3. Open the lid. The meat should look like it's about halfway or slightly over halfway done. Flip the turkey bacon over and close the lid again. Cook for 3-5 additional minutes.
4. Bacon is done when it reaches desired crispness. Place on a paper towel to absorb excess oil and moisture. Serve warm!
Hint: For flexible, bendy bacon that is light in color, we recommend 4 minutes for the first round of cooking, then 2-4 minutes for the second round.
Substitutions and Variations
- Pork Bacon- you can substitute regular bacon for turkey bacon if desired.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes while cooking to imbue heat into the dish
- Brussels Sprouts with Bacon- make a delicious side dish by air frying brussels sprouts then adding turkey bacon!
- Maple - after the first round of cooking, remove bacon and toss in a one Tablespoon of real maple syrup (we like this one), then place back in the air fryer and cook until crisp. This way is delicious and creates a nice juicy crust on the bacon, but be warned, it is messy!
How to Serve Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
Like most things air fried, turkey bacon is best when consumed fresh from the air fryer. We love to serve it with pancakes, eggs and fruit. It makes a great side to any breakfast dish!
Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Reheat in the air fryer at 360*F for 1-2 minutes.
These can also be stored in the freezer. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Thaw completely then reheat in the air fryer at 360*F for
Cooking time can vary not only by brand of air fryer, but by model too! You may need to cook shorter or longer depending on your air fryer.
Turkey Bacon in Air Fryer
- 10 ounce turkey bacon
- Preheat air fryer to 360*F
- Place turkey bacon in a single layer in the bottom of an air fryer basket
- Place basket in air fryer and cook for 5 minutes
- Open air fryer and flip turkey bacon. Cook and additional 2-5 minutes, depending on how crisp you like your bacon
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator (up to 5 days) or freezer (up to 2 months). Reheat in the air fryer at 360*F for 1-3 minutes until hot and crisp.
- Trying breaking leftovers up into chunks and storing in the freezer in a freezer container. Then you'll have delicious bacon bits whenever you need them.
- Times and temperatures can vary from air fryer to air fryer. We used a NINJA Foodi Grill XL for this recipe.
- Cook to your personal preference. If you like flexible bacon, pull it out sooner. If you like crisp bacon, let is go until desired crispness is achieved.
Turkey Bacon tastes best cooked in an air fryer. Cook at 360*F for 5 minutes, flip, and cook an additional 3-5 minutes.
Cook in an air fryer at 360*F for 5 minutes. Flip the bacon then cook an additional 3-5 minutes until desired crispness is achieved.