This simple no-bake Chocolate Cream Pie recipe is quick and easy to make! Made with Jell-o instant chocolate pudding, cool whip and an Oreo (or other chocolate cookie) crust. With it's fast, easy prep, simple 4- ingredients and melt in your mouth decadence, it is truly the best!
Chocolate Pudding Pie is popular year round. In the summertime it makes a great no-bake dessert, and is also a must-serve at your holiday dessert table during the colder months!
- Jello chocolate instant pudding mix
See recipe card for quantities.
1. Finely crumble Oreos. I like to use a food processor or blender to get the crumbs extra small. Large crumbs work too, but the crust stays together better with fine crumbs. Pour butter into the crumbs, mix with a fork and press into a pie plate. Use a fork and your finger to form a tidy edge.
2. Get the chocolate Jell-o instant pudding mix and pour into a cold bowl. The bowl doesn't have to be cold, but we recommend it, especially if your kitchen is warm. Mix vigorously with a whisk until thickened, or use a hand mixer with a whisk attachment on high.
3. Place 4 oz of cool whip (half of an 8oz container) in with the instant pudding and fold to combine until smooth.
4. Spread the pudding/ cool whip mixture evenly onto the OREO crust. Top with the remaining Cool Whip and spread evenly. Top with chocolate curls, if desired.
Hint: Use finely crushed Oreos. Big and small crumbs can also be used, but the crust will be more crumbly and fall apart. A finer crumb will stick together much better!
- Sugar-free - use sugar free OREOs and use sugar free instant pudding mix and sugar free cool whip for a sugar free version
- Graham Cracker Crust - use 1 package graham crackers plus 2 extra sheets and 5 Tablespoons butter for a graham cracker crust
- pre-made crust - this can be made with a store bought pre-made crust! We recommend chocolate, but you can pick a graham cracker or even regular pie crust!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Pudding Pie - use a 3.9 oz box of chocolate pudding mix and 1 ½ cups milk, and 3 ounces cool whip for the chocolate filling. For the peanut butter filling use 6 ounces cream cheese, ½ cup powdered sugar and ½ cup peanut butter. Beat on high until well combined. Spread the peanut butter filling over the crust, then top with the chocolate, then the remaining cool whip and serve as normal!
- Coconut - use a 3.9 ounce box of chocolate pudding and 2 ounces of coconut instant pudding for the filling, and to the crust add ½ cup coconut flakes.
- Milk Chocolate - for a lighter, creamier chocolate taste we recommend using the graham cracker crust and replacing the milk with half and half.
- Peppermint Chocolate Pie - Add ½ teaspoon peppermint flavoring at the same time as adding the milk and top with crushed candy canes or peppermint! Perfect for Christmas!
- Chocolate Banana - Simply cut up 2 bananas into slices about ¼" thick, and place on the pie crust before adding the chocolate filling.
- Layered - before adding the Cool Whip, scoop out half the pudding and place it on the crust and smooth it out. Add the 4 oz Cool Whip to the remaining pudding and fold together. Smooth on top of pudding layer. Then use the rest of the Cool Whip for the top layer.
Store the pie in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
We do not recommend freezing this pie, as little ice crystals will form due to the milk content.Print