It's no secret how much we love this No- Bake Oreo Pie recipe made with homemade Oreo crust. It has the most amazing silk center made with cream cheese and whipping cream. And it's made all from scratch! This cookie and cream dessert is family favorite.
This Oreo pie is perfect for any occasion especially Easter, a cool summer treat, or a quick Thanksgiving or Christmas add on. This recipe is better than any Edwards, or Bakers Square dessert! With your favorite Nabisco cookie, make this chocolate and cream sensation with us! This cookies and cream dessert is quick to assemble and makes a perfect easy pie you can eat that day or freeze for later.
Be sure to check out our delicious other Oreo dessert recipes like Oreo trifle, Oreo Fudge, Oreo Blizzard, or Oreo Cheesecake Cookies! Or other cream pies like Chocolate Cream Pie, Lemon Icebox Pie, Cream Puff Cake, Caramel Pie, Cream Cheese Pie, Turtle Pie, and Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Pie.
We've added this pie to our list of cream pies.
To get all that creamy goodness we've got you covered with the best ingredients. They are all easy to find to make the perfect pie.
- Oreos- Use traditional Oreos. I've also made this a mint version using mint Oreos and everyone loved it!
- Cream Cheese- It's very important that the cream cheese is softened to room temperature. It makes for a smooth pie and easy to work with.
- Powdered Sugar- Powdered sugar is great to use when make a cream pie. It sweetens the pie without altering the texture.
- Heavy Whipping Cream- You need to use heavy whipping cream because you will be whipping it up to stiff peaks. If you need to, use cool whip instead but omit the powdered sugar so it's not too sweet.
- Vanilla Extract
- Whipped Cream- For topping.
- Butter- This mixes with the crushed Oreos to make the perfect crust. Make sure to melt it.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make No-Bake Oreo Pie
Follow these step-by-step process photos for the best results. We've got some great tips and tricks so you can have the best baking experience.
- Place cookies, including cream in a food processor and pulse until it makes a crumble. Melt butter and mix the melted butter with the cookie crumble.
2. Press the cookie butter mixture in a pie pan. Press down on the bottom and up the sides to make a compact crust. Use the bottom of a cup to press down to get an even surface.
3. In a medium sized mixing bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream with an electric hand mixture until stiff peaks form.
In another medium sized mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until it forms at creamy looking texture. Beat in the vanilla extract and powdered sugar with the cream cheese.
4. With your hands, break up cookies into varying sizes. Fold in the broken cookie chunks and whip heavy cream into the cream cheese mixture. Fold until will incorporated and one mixture.
5. Place the cookies and cream filling into the prepared pie crust and even out the filling with a rubber spatula. Let rest in the refrigerator for 3-6 hours before serving for best results.
6. Before serving top with whipped cream and garnish with more chocolate sandwich cookies.
Hint: Once you assemble to Oreo crust, put it in the refrigerator to chill while you continue to assemble the filling. This will make it easier to work with later on.
- Cool Whip - Instead of heavy whipping cream. Mix in cool whip for a quick dessert. Cool whip is sweeter than heavy whipping cream so it may alter the taste slightly. When I used cool whip, I cut back on the powdered sugar by more than half to adjust the sugar taste.
- Gluten Free - Use gluten free Oreos instead of regular or double stuffed to have a gluten free dessert. Substitute at a 1:1 ratio.
- Pre-Made Crust - In a time crunch? Buy a store-bought Oreo Crust instead of making your own.
- Golden Oreos-Use Golden Oreos instead of regular or double stuffed for a vanilla flavor.
- Double Stuffed - For a more cream centered experience, use double stuffed cookies at a 1:1 ratio.
- Frozen - Freeze the pie over night to have a frozen, ice cream like pie.
- Peppermint - for a winter themed pie, use mint or peppermint sandwich cookies for a minty taste.
- Peanut Butter - add a ¼ cup of creamy peanut butter to the cream cheese when beating to have a peanut butter flavor.
- Pumpkin - for a delicious fall inspired dessert, perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas, add ¼ cup of pumpkin puree while beating the cream cheese. Sprinkle the top of the pie with pumpkin pie spice!
- Mini Pies- Place the crust at the bottom of a cupcake tin and a scoop of filling on top to make mini pies.
Storing Oreo No-Bake Cheesecake
Store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
To freeze, place plastic wrap over the top of the pie and freeze for up to a month. When ready to serve, either serve frozen or thaw in the refrigerator and then serve chilled.
When making the homemade crust, placing the cookies in a plastic ziplock bag is helpful but for best result and fine crushed cookies place them in a food processor or mini food processor to get smaller chunks and powder. This will make a more compact crust when mixed with the butter.
This pie is best eaten after it's been in the refrigerator for 3-6 hours. It gives it time to settle and the flavor mixes well together.
No-Bake Oreo Pie
- 24 Oreos
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 10 Oreos crushed into varying sizes
- 5 Oreos
- Whipped Cream
- With a food processor, or plastic ziplock bag, crush the Oreos for the crust. Mix with the melted butter. Press the cookie and butter mixture into a pie pan pressing down on the bottom and up the sides. Place in the refrigerator while making the filling.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into a medium mixing bowl. Beat with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form. In the other mixing bowl, add the softened cream cheese. Beat until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat until well mixed. Crush 10 Oreos into varying sizes and add the cookies and whipped heavy cream into the bowl with the cream cheese mixture. Gently fold until mixed together.
- Remove the pie crust from the refrigerator. Place the creamy filling into the pie crust and smooth with a rubber spatula. Loosely cover the pie with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 3-6 hours before serving.*
- Right before serving, garnish with whipped cream and more Oreos.
- You can eat this right away, but it's best if you refrigerate 3-6 hours before serving.
- Use a cup or measure cup to press down the Oreo and butter mixture. This will help the crust become more compact.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze in the freezer for up to one month. Serve frozen or thaw before serving.