Be prepared to learn how to make this amazing no Bake Oreo Pie recipe made with homemade Oreo crust with a delicious easy silk center made with cream cheese, all from scratch. This cookies and cream dessert is quick to assemble and makes a perfect easy pie you can eat that day or freeze for later.
This cream pie is perfect for any occasion especially Easter, a cool summer treat, or a quick Thanksgiving or Christmas add on. This recipe is better than any Edwards, or Bakers Square dessert! With your favorite Nabisco cookie, make this chocolate and cream sensation with us!
- Cream Cheese, room temperature
- Powdered Sugar
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Whipped Cream
- Butter, melted
See recipe card for quantities.
- Place cookies, including cream in a food processor and pulse until it makes a crumble.
2. Melt butter and mix the melted butter with the cookie crumble.
3. Press the cookie butter mixture in a pie pan. Press down on the bottom and up the sides to make a compact crust. Use the bottom of a cup to press down to get an even surface.
4. In a medium sized mixing bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream with an electric hand mixture until stiff peaks form.
5. In another medium sized mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until it forms at creamy looking texture.
6.Beat in the vanilla extract and powdered sugar with the cream cheese.
7. With your hands, break up cookies into varying sizes.
8. Fold in the broken cookie chunks and whip heavy cream into the cream cheese mixture. Fold until will incorporated and one mixture.
9. Place the cookies and cream filling into the prepared pie crust and even out the filling with a rubber spatula. Let rest in the refrigerator for 3-6 hours before serving for best results.
10. Before serving top with whipped cream and garnish with more chocolate sandwich cookies.
Hint: Once you assemble to Oreo crust, put it in the refrigerator to chill while you continue to assemble the filling. This will make it easier to work with later on.
- Cool Whip - instead of heavy whipping cream. Mix in cool whip for a quick dessert. Cool whip is sweeter than heavy whipping cream so it may alter the taste slightly.
- Gluten Free - use gluten free Oreos instead of regular or double stuffed to have a gluten free dessert. Substitute at a 1:1 ratio.
- Pre Made Crust - in a time crunch? Buy a store bought Oreo Crust instead of making your own.
- Golden Oreos-Use Golden Oreos instead of regular or double stuffed for a vanilla flavor.
- Double Stuffed - For a more cream centered experience, use double stuffed cookies at a 1:1 ratio.
- Frozen - Freeze the pie over night to have a frozen, ice cream like pie.
- Peppermint - for a winter themed pie, use mint or peppermint sandwich cookies for a minty taste.
- Peanut Butter - add a ¼ cup of creamy peanut butter to the cream cheese when beating to have a peanut butter flavor.
- Pumpkin - for a delicious fall inspired dessert, perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas, add ¼ cup of pumpkin puree while beating the cream cheese. Sprinkle the top of the pie with pumpkin pie spice!
- Mini Pies- Place the crust at the bottom of a cupcake tin and a scoop of filling on top to make mini pies.
Store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
To freeze, place plastic wrap over the top of the pie and freeze for up to a month. When ready to serve, either serve frozen or thaw in the refrigerator and then serve chilled.
When making the homemade crust, placing the cookies in a plastic ziplock bag is helpful but for best result and fine crushed cookies place them in a food processor or mini food processor to get smaller chunks and powder. This will make a more compact crust when mixed with the butter.
Don't have time to make your own crust? Buy a pre-made Oreo Crust in the baking section of most grocery stores.
Already have a pre-made crust? Use the step by step instructions to make the cream filling to go in your store bought crust.