Looking for that perfect summer drink? Look no further. The Refreshing Homemade Raspberry Lemonade is a delicious drink that's sure to be a winner at any summer get together. With the zip of lemon and the summer taste of raspberry, you can't go wrong. I love any and every excuse to have raspberries in my life. This drink is no exception.
Looking for a sweeter drink? Check out our Creamy Lemonade made with sweetened condensed milk and lemons.
For another fun bright spring/ summer treat try our Strawberry Lemon Cookies!
Quick and Easy
Hand squeezing lemons is not my jam. I always feel like I'm wasting the lemon. I love this homemade lemonade recipe because it uses all of that lemon goodness.
It's a quick and easy, never fail way to make lemonade. You will be done with the whole recipe and ready to drink in less than ten minutes. Now that is quick!
How to make Refreshing Homemade Raspberry Lemonade
Refreshing Homemade Raspberry Lemonade is so easy. Wash your lemons with soap and water and then cut up your lemons into four wedges. Place them in a blender with the water. Using the same technique as Brazilian Strawberry Limeades, blend the entire lemon in the water.
With a wire strainer and a large bowl, strain the blended lemon into the large bowl. The bowl will now contain delicious lemon water, and the strainer will have the blended lemon remains. Discard the lemon remains.
Carefully pour the lemon water back in the blender. Add the raspberries and sugar and blend.
Chill the homemade lemonade in the fridge and serve. Enjoy this ice cold refreshing beverage.
Tips and Tricks
My all time favorite find is frozen raspberries at Walmart. They are in the frozen fruit section and come in a 12 ounce bag. They are typically priced significantly cheaper than fresh raspberries. Unfortunately, I have not found them at every Walmart. When I do find them, I always grab a couple bags. They are so nice to have on hand.
While of course fresh raspberries are delicious, frozen raspberries are convenient. They add a fun slush to the Refreshing Homemade Raspberry Lemonade.
Don't be afraid to add more sugar if needed. Our family loves the zesty taste and often shy away from too much sugar. I know that's not going to be everyone preference. If adding more sugar, do so in small increments to avoid making it sweeter than you would like.
Storing Refreshing Homemade Raspberry Lemonade
If you're not planning on drinking your homemade lemonade right away, be sure to store it in the fridge in a pitcher. It will keep for 2-3 days.
Be sure to mix well when serving to compensate for any seperation.
Other refreshing summer drinks
Refreshing Homemade Raspberry Lemonade
- 6 cups water
- 4-5 lemons use 5 lemons for a tarter taste
- 1 cup raspberry
- ¾ cup sugar
- With soap and water wash the lemons. Cut lemons into fourths and place in a high speed blender.
- Add water to the cut lemons and blend on high for 20 seconds.
- With a wire strainer and a large bowl, strain the blended lemon into the large bowl. The bowl will now contain delicious lemon water, and the strainer will have the blended lemon remains. Discard the lemon remains.
- Rinse out the remaining lemon in the blender until clean. Pour the lemon water from the large bowl back into the blender.
- Add raspberries and sugar and blend until well mixed. Lemonade will turn a deep pink.
- Chill and serve.
- I love a tarter lemonade. If you prefer a sweeter homemade lemonade, add ¼ cup sugar, or less, at time. Test until preferred sweetness.
- For a zippier taste, use 5 lemons.
- Add ice to have a colder drink, keep in mind it will water down the original flavor.