Mmmmmmm... Icy watermelon lemonade slushie on a hot summer's day. Is there anything better? Watermelon Slushies are amazing. Make it lemonade and you've got a nonstop summer win. Serve these up with some 4th of July Fruit Pizzas and Berry Salad for a really festive 4th of July spread. Or serve this up with our yummy Gumbo Recipe for a delicious meal.
Need another great drink idea? Try our Creamy Lemonade for a refreshing drink made sweetened condensed milk.
Well guys, this might be the easiest thing you make that you serve at a party. It's a huge hit with everyone, and you can smile to yourself knowing that this crowd pleaser came together sooooo quickly. Watermelon + lime + a little bit of sugar is all you need. Who knew they'd be a match made in heaven? Not me!
How to Make a Watermelon Slush
First, start by cutting up a watermelon. To make 6 cups of slush, I used a little less than half of a 15 pound watermelon. Cut your watermelon into 2 inch cubes. Spread out on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze for 4+ hours. You'll need 6 cups of cubed frozen watermelon and 4 cups of cubed refrigerated watermelon. After the watermelon is frozen, pour the lime juice on the bottom of your blender (8 cup capacity), followed by the refrigerated watermelon, then the frozen watermelon and the sugar.
It's important to use the refrigerated watermelon first so that everything blends up properly. If you put the frozen watermelon at the bottom, the blender will struggle blending it up. Blend until smooth then add the additional 2 cups of frozen watermelon. Serve and enjoy!
Watermelon Lemonade Slushie
- 6 cups cubed and frozen watermelon
- 4 cups cubed refrigerated watermelon
- I used a about half of a 15 pound watermelon to get the 10 cups of cubed watermelon
- ¾ cup lemon juice. Fresh squeezed is best but concentrate will work!
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Cut and cube 10 cups of watermelon into 1.5-2" cubes at least 4 hours in advance.
- Lay 6 cups of the cubed watermelon onto a parchment lined baking sheet, making sure the edges aren't touching.
- Freeze at least 4 hours.
- Store the other 4 cups in the refrigerator until ready for use.
- Once the watermelon is frozen, measure the lime juice into the bottom of a blender.
- Next add the refrigerated watermelon.
- Then the frozen watermelon. It's important the refrigerated goes on the bottom so it blends up nicely!
- Add the sugar.
- Add the additional 2 cups of frozen watermelon and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!!