Summer is coming and I'm so excited! Bring on all the warmth and sunshine, but equally important, bring on the summer food. We try to take advantage of every moment we can and eat dinner on our back deck and soak up those warm summer evenings. Roasted Red Pepper and Cauliflower Chicken Salad is a great summer meal just for that! Spice up your original chicken salad and add some extra flavor. You won't be disappointed.
Chicken salad is one of my all time favorite go to meals. It's great for lunch or dinner. It's great for a stay at home meal, or on the go. This chicken salad is a show stopper! Chicken Salad, let me introduce you to the delicious flavor of roasted red pepper, pepperoncini (yellow pickled peppers), and the satisfying crunch and power of cauliflower.
Stay tuned for a homemade pickled pepperoncini coming this summer!
Have I convinced you yet? Well just in case, here are some more mouth watering details.
I have discovered the amazing functionality and deliciousness of cauliflower. I want to add it to ever meal I make. Don't get me wrong, I loved cauliflower before but now I LOVE cauliflower! Did you know it is PACKED with protein. Delicious and nutritious, win win! When I add cauliflower to this chicken salad, I make sure to cut it into small bitesize pieces. This way it blends well with the other ingredients.
Putting it all together!
I like to mix all of the ingredients together in three different steps. First, in a large bowl, mix the main ingredients, roasted red pepper, cauliflower, pepperoncini, and chicken. Next, in a separate small bowl, mix together the spices. Add the spices to the main ingredients and mix again. This helps the spices get throughout the whole chicken salad. Last, add in the mayo making sure it becomes fully incorporated.
Add this delicious chicken salad on top of a croissant, or eat it with some delicious greens!
Roasted Red Pepper and Cauliflower Chicken Salad
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- ½ cup cauliflower, chopped
- ⅓ cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- ⅓ cup pickled pepperoncini
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowling add together shredded chicken cauliflower, roasted red pepper, and pickled pepperoncini. Mix all together.
- In a small bowl combined all of the spices and mix together.
- Add the spices to the chicken mixture and mix together.
- Add mayonnaise and mix until fully incorporated.
- Serve on salad greens or on top of a croissant
- Don't like pickled pepperoncini? This ingredient is easily omitted while still maintaining the same delicious results!
- When I'm on a time crunch, I use canned chicken. I don'd add any salt when using canned chicken.