Weeknight dinner just got easier! Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are a family go to. They are quick and easy and delicious. Our homemade Fajita Seasoning has the perfect combo of flavor. It helps bring out the delicious flavor of the colored bell peppers and onions. Best of all you get perfectly tender, yet crisp, bell peppers and onions. No soggy peppers and onions here. Wrap this delicious combo in a warm tortilla and you'll never go back!
Quick and Easy
This meal is the definition of quick and easy! I love a meal that you can walk away and have a meal ready in less than 30 minutes. Sheet pan meals are so perfect. They taste great but save you so much time. Once you chop all your ingredients, you simple mix it altogether in a bowl with the seasoning and some olive oil. Spread the seasoned onions, bell pepper, and chicken on a baking sheet and cook! It's that simple and tastes amazing.
For another quick and easy fajita meal, try this tasty Chicken Fajita Salad.
How to make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Making Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas is easy!
First, you are going to make up the delicious homemade fajita seasoning. The seasoning is garlic powder, oregano, cumin, paprika, and salt. This seasoning is so good because it's not too over powering. It allows you to still enjoy the taste of the chicken and veggies. It also has a small amount of salt. I feel like most pre-made fajita seasonings are much too salty.
Next, you are going to chop the veggies. Cut the bell peppers into ½ inch slices. I love to use different color bell peppers. It makes the meal look pretty and I love the taste of red, yellow, and orange peppers.
Then cut the onion like you would cut an apple. You want 6-8 wedges. Don't separate the onion wedges.
Cutting the veggies this way will help give you tender, yet crisp, vegetables. One of my least favorite things about Fajitas is soggy vegetables. These sheet pan chicken fajitas will leave you with crisp, yet tender, veggies. Yum!
Next cut the chicken breast into ½ inch slices. Try hard to keep the slices around the same width. This will help them cook evenly. If your slices are too thick, the cook time will increase and the bell peppers, and onions will over cook.
Mix all the chopped vegetables and sliced chicken in a large bowl with olive oil and the prepared seasoning. Make sure everything is evenly coated.
Evenly spread the veggie and chicken mixture on a baking sheet.
Cook your sheet pan meal for 20 minutes at 425 degrees, or until chicken is cooked through.
Serve immediately on warmed tortillas.
Tips and Tricks
No soggy veggies here! Make sure to cut your bell peppers ½ inch wide and cut your onion in wedges, like an apple. This will give you tender, yet crisp veggies. Sign me up!
I love to buy raw tortillas and cook them while this meal is in the oven. These tortillas are amazing and pair perfectly with Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas.
Storing Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Store any leftover sheet pan chicken fajitas in an air tight container for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
Other Quick and Easy Weeknight Meals
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 onion medium
- 1 chicken breast
- Preheat oven to 425
- In a small bowl mix together the garlic powder, oregano, cumin, paprika, and salt. Set aside.
- Chop bell peppers into ½ inch wide slices. Cut the onion into 6-8 wedges, similar to how you would cut an apple. Keep the onion pieces together. This helps maintain the crisp texture.
- Put the chopped veggies in a large mixing bowl.
- Slice the raw chicken breast into ½ inch slices. Try to keep the slices thin but even so they cook at the same pace.
- Put the chicken slices with the chopped veggies in the large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the olive oil and then the prepared seasoning. Mix altogether until chicken, bell peppers and onion are evenly coated.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet and put in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Fajitas are done when chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender yet crisp.
- Serve immediately on warm tortillas
- No soggy veggies here! Make sure to cut your bell peppers ½ inch wide and cut your onion in wedges, like an apple. This will give you tender, yet crisp veggies. Sign me up!
- I love to buy raw tortillas and cook them while this meal is in the oven. These tortillas are amazing and pair perfectly with Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas.