Crockpot chicken potatoes and green beans is an easy one-pot meal made in the slow cooker. This flavorful dish, that takes minutes to prepare, uses a homemade lemon Italian seasoning dressing. The end result is tender chicken, red potatoes, and tender yet crisp green beans.
Slow cooker meals are some of my favorite go-to fall meals. They hit the spot in comfort and effort.
My falls always seemed jammed packed with school activities and last minute outdoor fun before the colder weather comes in. With this slower cooker meal, you can enjoy all the activities, and a delicious meal.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Fresh Green Beans
- Red Potatoes
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Lemon Juice
- Olive Oil
See recipe card for quantities.
First, start by spraying the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
Remove the stems of the green beans and cut into thirds.
Wash and quarter the red potatoes.
Next, place the chicken breasts in the center of the slow cooker.
Add chopped, fresh green beans to one side of the chicken, and quartered potatoes to the other side.
Finally, In a small bowl, mix together lemon juice, olive oil, Italian Seasoning, minced garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
Pour the mixture over the chicken, green beans, and potatoes.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Hint: Make sure the homemade Italian Seasoning Dressing covers all of the green beans, potatoes and chicken breasts in order to have the best flavor!
- Yukon Potatoes- instead of red potatoes, try chopped Yukon Potatoes.
- Russet Potatoes - Russet potatoes are very versatile and can be used in place of Red Potatoes.
- Broccoli- Instead of using green beans, you can use another vegetable like broccoli.
- Italian Dressing Packet - though not as healthy as our homemade Italian Seasoning, you can season this slow cooker meal with an Italian Seasoning Packet.
- Spicy - add crushed red pepper to the top to add an extra kick.
- Onion Soup Mix Packet - For a varied flavor, instead of using the homemade lemon Italian Seasoning dressing, sprinkle 1 envelope of Lipton onion soup mix packet and 1 cup of water over the top of the vegetables and chicken.
When making this slow cooker meal you will need a large slow cooker! I love using this Crock-pot.
You will also need a small bowl to mix the homemade Italian Seasoning dressing.
Store leftover cooked chicken, red potatoes, and green beans in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Cook in the microwave when ready to reheat. Make sure to reserve some dressing at the bottom of the slow cooker so the chicken stays moist.
Do not use frozen chicken! Frozen chicken will increase the cook time and green beans and red potatoes will overcook.
Pull frozen chicken out to thaw in the refrigerator the night before cooking.Print