Looking for that perfect, stay in, Friday night dinner? Look no further, spicy Sriracha and Teriyaki Meatballs are here for you! These sweet and spicy meatballs are a perfect way to spice dinner up, pun intended. A quick and easy meal that can be made in less than 30 minutes is a sure winner for the whole family. Added bonus, this is a one pan wonder. Less dishes to clean up!
You can use any type of meatball that you love, turkey meatballs, beef meatballs, or even veggie meatballs. I use frozen meatballs, so you will need adjust cook time if you are using thawed meatballs. They are all delicious with that sweet and spicy sauce and vegetables.
This meal is so quick and easy to make and will certainly become and instant family hit. In a large sauce pan, sauté the onions for about 3 minutes. Then add the red peppers and meatballs and continue sautéing until the meatballs are warmed all the way through. I use pre-cooked frozen meatballs. This makes the meal quick and easy.
I like when the red peppers maintain their crisp texture, so I don't sauté them with the onions. I add them in later when the meatballs go in.
Add in the teriyaki sauce and sriracha mixture and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
I don't get fancy on this one and make my own teriyaki sauce. Use your favorite teriyaki sauce when mixing it with sriracha. I like to use Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce (Original). I like how this sauce is thicker than other teriyaki marinades.
Immediately serve these delicious Spicy Sriracha and Teriyaki Meatballs on a bed of rice and have a side of edamame! Yum!
Spicy Sriracha and Teriyaki Meatballs
- Medium Sautee Pan
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 pound frozen meatballs beef, turkey, veggie all work great!
- ½ cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 tablespoons Sriracha--less for less heat
- In a large saucepan, on medium heat, sautee chopped onions in olive oil. Cook for 3 minutes. Add in frozen meatballs and chopped red bell pepper. Cook until meatballs are heated through. About 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together teriyaki sauce and sriracha.
- Add the spicy mixture to the saucepan. Cook the meatballs and vegetables with the sauce for another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve over rice
- Don't want as much heat? Use less sriracha in the sriracha teriyaki sauce mixture.
- This meal is delicious out of the fridge for 1-3 days.
- Top with sesame seeds!