Learn how to make this easy and healthy banana 2 Step Oat Milk Smoothie. This delicious protein packed recipe is a dairy free option for breakfast, lunch, or a late night snack. Using peanut butter and our favorite brand Planet Oat Milk, you'll have a tasty drink in less than five minutes!
This is a perfect way to start the day and is packed with healthy benefits that keep you going! Whether you are making this for yourself or for your kids or baby, you won't go wrong with this delicious smoothie.
- Oat Milk
- Banana - Frozen
- Ice cubes
- Peanut butter - smooth or chunky both works!
- Vanilla Protein powder - use Orgain Protein Powder made from plants and oat milk.
See recipe card for quantities.
- Add ice and frozen bananas into a blender.
2. Add the cinnamon and your favorite vanilla protein powder. We love using Orgain Protein Powder, especially this one made with oat milk!
3. Next pour in the peanut butter and honey.
4. Pour in the oat milk!
5. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
6. Pour into a cup and enjoy immediately.
Hint: Use frozen bananas instead of room temperature bananas for an enhanced texture.
- No Banana - make this without a banana by substituting the banana with half of an avocado. The banana gives the drink a particular texture that can be replicated with an avocado. You can use frozen avocado for a more smoothie like texture.
- Almond milk - use almond milk instead of oat milk at a 1:1 ratio
- Soy milk - looking to use soy milk substitute at a 1:1 ratio.
- Dairy milk - this recipe also tastes delicious with any percent of dairy milk, substitute at a 1:1 ratio.
This dairy free smoothie can be altered to enhance flavor and better suit your needs.
- Fruit - Add your favorite fruit to this already delicious drink to change up the flavor. Add ⅓-1/2 cup of frozen fruit of your choice. Raspberry, blueberry, pineapple, mango, peach, or strawberry are some of the possible frozen fruit options.
- Chocolate - add a burst of chocolate by adding 1 teaspoon of coco powder. Add more if you want a stronger chocolate taste. Or use your favorite chocolate flavored protein powder instead of vanilla.
All you need for this recipe is a blender. We love using the Ninja blender.
Store any leftover smoothie in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one day.
This recipe is better is consumed as made. The ingredients will separate and the texture will be different over time. If you store it in the refrigerator, be sure to stir the drink to undo any separation of ingredients. There will be a color discoloration.
You can use room temperature bananas when making this creamy drink, but we prefer frozen bananas. The texture comes out perfect when using frozen bananas.
2 Step Oat Milk Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey DO NOT use if giving to children under 1
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder optional
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a cup and enjoy!
- If serving to a baby under 1 years old, DO NOT put honey in the smoothie.
- Make it a fruit oat milk smoothie by adding in ⅓-1/2 cup of your favorite frozen fruit.
- Add 1 teaspoon of coco powder to make it a chocolate flavored drink. Or use 1 scoop chocolate protein powder instead of vanilla.
- Substitute oat milk at a 1:1 ratio with almond milk, soy milk, or dairy milk.