Chocolate covered cashews are the perfect recipe made with dark chocolate and sea salt. These homemade cashew clusters are great for a mid-day snack, late night snack, or for any holiday or charcuterie board. Quick and easy, made with a touch of coconut oil, you will fall in love with this tasty treat.
Make this for you Thanksgiving or Christmas spread, a charcuterie board, or a snack. This treat is great fresh and freezes well too! The perfect gift, these are made without corn syrup, and are gluten free. You can't go wrong!
- Roasted Cashews
- Dark Chocolate- you can use milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate too!
- Coconut Oil
See recipe card for quantities.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals. Mix in between each interval.
2. Add coconut oil to the melted chocolate and mix.
3. Add cashews to the melted chocolate and coconut oil mixture.
4. Completely coat the cashews in dark chocolate.
5. Using a spoon, place a cluster of 5-8 nuts on parchment paper.
6. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
7. Let the the chocolate harden. Refrigerate, or freeze and enjoy.
Hint: You can refrigerate or freeze these clusters for a tasty frozen treat!
- Milk Chocolate - instead of dark chocolate, use milk chocolate at a 1:1 ratio.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate - love that in between flavor? Use semi-sweet chocolate instead at a 1:1 ratio.
- White Chocolate - For a holiday favorite, use white chocolate to give the clusters a festive look.
- Dairy Free- Use your favorite dairy free chocolate at a 1:1 ratio.
- Canola Oil- Use canola oil instead of coconut oil at a 1:1 ratio depending on taste preferences.
- Pecans- Use roasted pecans instead of cashews, check out our Chocolate covered pecans recipe here!
- Parchment Paper
- Small, microwave safe bowl
Store Chocolate covered cashews in an air tight container fro 5-6 days. Or you can keep them stored in the refrigerator chilled.
This recipe freezes great! Freeze in an airtight container for 1-2 months and enjoy cold.
Make sure to microwave the chocolate at 30 second intervals at a time. Stir in between each interval. You don't want to over cook the chocolate or it will become difficult to work with!
Chocolate Covered Cashews (clusters)
- 1 cup Roasted Cashews
- ½ cup dark chocolate or semi-sweet or milk chocolate
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil
- Lay out parchment paper. Lay out the parchment paper on a baking sheet if you need to transfer.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the dark chocolate for 30 seconds. Take out and stir. Microwave again for 30 seconds, and then stir. Repeat until chocolate is completely melted. Do not over cook or chocolate is hard to work with.
- Add coconut oil to the melted chocolate and mix.
- Add cashews to the melted chocolate and coconut oil. Mix until completely covered in chocolate.
- With a spoon, remove clusters of cashews, about 5-8, and place them on the prepared parchment paper.
- Let chocolate harden, or place in the refrigerator to harden. Enjoy as a party favor, late night snack, or on a charcuterie board!
- Use milk or semi-sweet chocolate instead of dark.
- Substitute coconut oil with canola oil.