Homemade Chocolate Covered Pecans are a quick and easy recipe made from scratch. This easy snack or treat is the perfect dipped nut ready for any holiday spread. Add it to a charcuterie board, give it as a gift, or eat it yourself, you can't go wrong with this delicious milk chocolate treat.
We love making this treat for Christmas. Make this as a Christmas treat to take to neighbors, friends, or co-workers. Add it as an appetizer or dessert side for any party or holiday like Thanksgiving.
- Pecan Halves
- Salted Butter
- Melting Milk Chocolates
- Coconut Oil
See recipe card for quantities.
- Mix pecan halves in melted butter.
2. Spread the buttered pecans halves on a parchment lined baking sheet evenly spread out.
3. Bake at 325* F for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
4. Melt the milk chocolate at 30 second intervals at a time. Mix until completely melted. Add the coconut oil and mix. Add the roasted nuts to the melted chocolate and completely coat.
5. With a fork or clean hands, place the Chocolate Covered Pecans on a clean parchment paper. Let them cool so the chocolate hardens.
6. Place nuts in a serving bowl or air tight container. Enjoy!
Hint: Be sure to monitor the chocolate when melting. Only heat for 30 second or less intervals and mix in between every interval. Over heating the chocolate will cause it to become chalky and hard/impossible to work with.
- Dark Chocolate- instead of milk chocolate, use dark chocolate.
- White Chocolate - instead of milk chocolate melting chips, use white chocolate at a 1:1 ratio.
- Almond Bark - use almond bark instead of milk chocolate at a 1:1 ratio.
- Walnuts - substitute pecan halves for walnuts
- Salted - add coarse sea salt to the top of melting chocolate for a salted flavor.
- Cashews- use cashews instead of pecans at a 1:1 ratio.
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
Store chocolate dipped pecans in an air tight container for 3-4 days.
You can easily freeze this tasty snack in an air tight container for 1-2 months. Eat frozen!
Make sure to melt the chocolate in the microwave in small intervals. Melt for 30 seconds and mix. Melt for an additional 10-20 seconds at a time until completely melted. Make sure to mix in between each interval!
Homemade Chocolate Covered Pecans
- 2 cups pecans halved
- 2 tablespoons butter salted
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 325* F.
- Melt butter in a small microwave safe dish. Once melted, mix the pecan halves with the butter until coated.
- Place buttered pecans, evenly spread out, on a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Once the pecans are cooled, melt the milk chocolate in a microwave safe dish. Melt for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between each 30 second interval until fully melted. Add coconut oil to the melt chocolate and mix. See photos above for a great visual on this.
- Add the roasted pecan halves to the melted chocolate bowl and mix until well coated. Individually take out each pecan, with a fork or clean hands, and place on a clean parchment paper. Let the chocolate harden completely.
- Make sure to melt the chocolate in small intervals so you don't over melt the chocolate! The chocolate will become chalky and hard to work with.
- Use dark chocolate or white chocolate according to your preference.
- Top with sea salted for a salted chocolate taste.
Yes! Freeze in an air tight container or ziplock bag and enjoy a frozen treat. They are delicious this way.