Nature's cereal has taken the internet by storm with its refreshing combination of fresh berries, coconut water, and seeds. The idea behind this breakfast bowl is to celebrate the naturally occurring sugars in fruit and create a healthy alternative to typical sugary cereals. This trendy breakfast option has gained popularity due to its quick and easy preparation, as well as its delicious taste.
Whether you're looking for a light breakfast or a mid-day snack, nature's cereal is a fantastic and affordable option that will leave you feeling satisfied and energized. So next time you're in the mood for a healthy and delicious treat, give nature's cereal a try!
There are so many healthy benefits, you won't want to miss this exciting trend! It's bursting with antioxidants and energy boosting.
Nature's cereal is perfect for a refreshing and healthy snack, or a light and healthy breakfast. This tiktok copycat was made even more famous by Lizzo. We had to to see if all the reviews were right and take the challenge ourselves.
This fruit and coconut water combo has helped those with weight loss, but we also recommend pairing it with other high protein food to help give you more lasting energy throughout the day.
Be sure to pair this fruit dish with some of our protein packed recipes for a great start to the day. Check out our Peanut Butter Energy Balls.
Make it a side dish to our flavor packed Protein Pancakes! Or have it with a bowl of our Cookie Dough Dip with Greek Yogurt.
What You'll Love About This Recipe
- TikTok Trend- We love trying recipes out that have gone viral on social media platforms. This recipe is no exception.
- Quick and Easy - This is a quick and easy breakfast addition or late night snack. It comes together in less than five minutes. It's always nice to have a quick snack in minutes.
- Kid Friendly -Let your kids pick their favorite berries and make this a kid friendly treat that will get your young ones to eat healthy foods. We find kids are much more willing to eat food they help to make.
- Healthy- Because it's only made with fresh berries and coconut water. There are no added preservatives and no add sugar or fat.
- Refreshing-On a hot summers day this would make a great dish to add to a summer lunch or a late evening snack out on the porch. With the added ice it's cool and refreshing.
- Easily Adapted- We love how easily you can make this recipe your own by adding a few of your favorite berries. Look to the variations and substitutions section for more ideas.
- Raspberries- We love the sweet and sour punch that raspberries give this tasty dish.
- Blackberries- Another tart berry that pairs perfectly with the sweeter tastes of blueberries and raspberries.
- Blueberries- This berry compliments the other, more tart berries, with it's sweet taste.
- coconut water - room temperature or chilled, coconut water is not only healthy for you but it also is a great way to hydrate.
- Ice - we loving using crushed ice or pebble ice, it doesn't get in the way of the different fruits.
You can also use some of your other favorite berries like Strawberries, or even pomegranate. See substitutions below for more ideas!
See recipe card for quantities.
- For this simple recipe, you will first need a single serve bowl!
2. Add raspberries, blackberries and blueberries to the bowl. Pomegranate and strawberries are delicious substitutions.
Add the crushed or pebbled ice to the mixed berries.
4. Pour coconut water over the top of the mixed berries and ice. You can use room temperature coconut water, or chilled depending on your preference.
5. Enjoy this low calorie, healthy breakfast immediately. You don't want the berries to sit in the liquid for too long or else they will begin to get soggy. It is best eaten fresh!
Hint: Use whatever berries or fruit that are in season to make for a more affordable healthy breakfast.
Here is a list of various substitutions to help make this recipe your own. Try these different tips for a new spin on something tasty.
- Strawberries - switch out one of the berry options with strawberries. An easy, delicious, and accessible fruit.
- Pomegranate- add or substitute one of the fruits with pomegranate.
- Sweetened Nature's Cereal- have a sweet tooth. Sprinkle the top of your prepared bowl with ½ teaspoon of sugar or a dash of honey.
- Coconut Milk - Try a creamier coconut flavor by using coconut water instead of coconut water.
- Almond Milk- want a refreshing treat without coconut water? Try almond milk instead.
- Milk - Substitute coconut water for cows milk.
- keto- Use keto friendly fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
- Frozen fruit- Instead of using fresh fruit use frozen fruit if fruit isn't in season. There isn't need for ice when using frozen fruit.
- Zero sugar coconut water- use zero sugar coconut water when cutting back on sugar instead of regular coconut water.
These variations will help make Nature's Cereal more to your style. Make it as is or add an extra crunch or popping flavor.
- Kid friendly - use pineapple juice or orange juice to make this a sweet treat for kids!
- Zest - add a splash of lemon juice to zest things up!
- Minty - Add a few mint leaves to make it feel even more refreshing.
- Crunchy - Sprinkle in some homemade granola, try our Cardamom Granola Recipe.
- Cinnamon - Add extra flavor by adding ½ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Coconut flakes - For extra flavor, add dehydrated coconut flakes for an extra crunch and flavor.
- Brown Sugar Simple Syrup-Add a dash of flavor with a simple syrup. Use this homemade Brown Sugar Simple Syrup.
- Vanilla Simple Syrup- A touch of vanilla can add a lot to a fruity dish. Add this homemade vanilla simple syrup to add extra flavor.
This recipe requires very little equipment to make!
All you need is a single serve bowl.
Making for a group of people? Use a small to medium sized mixing bowl and double or triple the recipe!
Because the berries sit in coconut water and ice, it's best to eat this dish when made. The berries will become soggy and mushy if they sit in the coconut water for a long period of time.
If you do need to store, make sure to store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Note that the berries textures may change!
These ingredients don't stand up well to freezing. The texture of the berries will change!
Make this a complete meal by pairing with a breakfast high in protein to get you through the day. As a stand alone, while high in antioxidants and vitamins, it is low in protien.
Try pairing it with our recipes like peanut butter overnight oats, or a delicious muffin like Apple Muffins.
This bowl of goodness is made of various fruits such as blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. These berries can be substituted for other seasonal or favorite fruits. The berries are mixed with coconut water for added flavor and a great source of hydration.
Yes! It is full of vitamins, energy boosting, and full of antioxidants. While it is low calorie, low fat, and sugar it is also low in protein. It should be paired with another high protein food to help have a balanced diet.
- 1 Small Bowl
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- ¼ cup crushed ice
- ¾ cup coconut water
- In a single serve, cereal sized bowl, add blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
- Pour in crushed ice.
- Pour coconut water over the top of the fruit and ice.
- Enjoy immediately
- You can substitute any berries for other fruit like strawberries, or pomegranate.
- Want it sweet? Sprinkle in ½ teaspoon sugar or a dash of honey.
- For a minty twist, add in a few mint leaves.
- Like it zesty, squirt in a few drops of lemon juice!
I had a fun time making this with my kids. We really loved the fresh berries. I will totally be making this in the summer when berries are a little more accessible but we needed the fun treat during this dreary months.
Oh wow! Such an easy and delicious treat. I love all those flavors and the many ideas for variations.
What a fun recipe. I made this for a snack and I loved the berries and coconut water combo. I didn't have black berries so I made it with pomegranate instead and tasted so good.
Such a easy and delicious breakfast!