Nature's Cereal is a fun, refreshing, and not to mention healthy, breakfast trend made famous on TikTok. Even Lizzo herself approves of this flavor bursting bowl of goodness. Made with quick ingredients, berries, coconut water, and ice, this simple recipe is delicious! Plus, it's full of antioxidants and energy boosting. There are so many healthy benefits, you won't want to miss this exciting trend! Take the challenge and try it out.
Nature's cereal is perfect for a refreshing and healthy snack, or a light and healthy breakfast. This tiktok copycat was made even more famous by Lizzo. We had to to see if all the reviews were right and take the challenge ourselves.
This fruit and coconut water combo has helped those with weight loss, but we also recommend pairing it with other high protein food to help give you more lasting energy throughout the day.
Be sure to pair this fruit dish with some of our protein packed recipes for a great start to the day. Check out our Peanut Butter Energy Balls.
- coconut water - room temperature or chilled
- Ice - we loving using crushed ice or pebble ice
You can also use some of your other favorite berries like Strawberries, or even pomegranate. See substitutions below for more ideas!
See recipe card for quantities.
- For this simple recipe, you will first need a single serve bowl!
2. Add raspberries, blackberries and blueberries to the bowl. Pomegranate and strawberries are delicious substitutions.
Add the crushed or pebbled ice to the mixed berries.
4. Pour coconut water over the top of the mixed berries and ice. You can use room temperature coconut water, or chilled depending on your preference.
5. Enjoy this low calorie, healthy breakfast immediately. You don't want the berries to sit in the liquid for too long or else they will begin to get soggy. It is best eaten fresh!
Hint: Use whatever berries or fruit that are in season to make for a more affordable healthy breakfast.
- Strawberries - switch out one of the berry options with strawberries. An easy, delicious, and accessible fruit.
- Pomegranate- add or substitute one of the fruits with pomegranate.
- Sweetened Nature's Cereal- have a sweet tooth. Sprinkle the top of your prepared bowl with ½ teaspoon of sugar or a dash of honey.
- Coconut Milk - Try a creamier coconut flavor by using coconut water instead of coconut water.
- Almond Milk- want a refreshing treat without coconut water? Try almond milk instead.
- Milk - Substitute coconut water for cows milk.
- keto- Use keto friendly fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
- Frozen fruit- Instead of using fresh fruit use frozen fruit if fruit isn't in season. There isn't need for ice when using frozen fruit.
- Zero sugar coconut water- use zero sugar coconut water when cutting back on sugar instead of regular coconut water.
- Kid friendly - use pineapple juice or orange juice to make this a sweet treat for kids!
- Zest - add a splash of lemon juice to zest things up!
- Minty - Add a few mint leaves to make it feel even more refreshing.
- Crunchy - Sprinkle in some homemade granola, try our Cardamom Granola Recipe.
- Cinnamon - Add extra flavor by adding ½ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Coconut flakes - For extra flavor, add dehydrated coconut flakes for an extra crunch and flavor.
This recipe requires very little equipment to make!
All you need is a single serve bowl.
Making for a group of people? Use a small to medium sized mixing bowl and double or triple the recipe!
Because the berries sit in coconut water and ice, it's best to eat this dish when made. The berries will become soggy and mushy if they sit in the coconut water for a long period of time.
If you do need to store, make sure to store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Note that the berries textures may change!
These ingredients don't stand up well to freezing. The texture of the berries will change!
Use your favorite berries and enjoy this refreshing meal! It's an easy breakfast to put together, and a healthy win!
- 1 Small Bowl
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- ¼ cup crushed ice
- ¾ cup coconut water
- In a single serve, cereal sized bowl, add blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
- Pour in crushed ice.
- Pour coconut water over the top of the fruit and ice.
- Enjoy immediately
- You can substitute any berries for other fruit like strawberries, or pomegranate.
- Want it sweet? Sprinkle in ½ teaspoon sugar or a dash of honey.
- For a minty twist, add in a few mint leaves.
- Like it zesty, squirt in a few drops of lemon juice!