Dive into this viral sensation, the famous TikTok Cinnamon Rolls. With this recipe, learn how to spice up pillsbury cinnamon rolls with this hack made with heavy cream and brown sugar. It's fun to make and delicious!
This fun hack made with heavy cream is a great way to level up standard pillsbury cinnamon rolls. This viral tiktok are genuinely the best non-homemade cinnamon I have ever had, by a lot! The whipping cream makes them so fluffy and so tender which makes for a great alternative to the homemade version.
This recipe uses easy ingredients to make this easy viral cinnamon rolls in heavy cream using only Pillsbury Grands.
- Pillsbury cinnamon rolls- This recipe calls for store bought cinnamon rolls. We like the Pillsbury grands brand best but you can use any brand. You'll also need to use the jumbo version.
- Whipping cream- Whipping cream is best for this recipe but you can make them with heavy cream as well.
- Butter- Use unsalted melted butter. Salted will work. You can brown the butter before for an extra flavor profile.
- Brown sugar- Use brown sugar for a caramel taste. We recipe tested this with other types of sugar and none of the other sugars were even close to as good.
- Cinnamon- The perfect ground spice for these tasty rolls giving them that iconic taste you want. We tested this recipe repeatedly to get the perfect amount of cinnamon flavor for these delicious rolls.
- Cream cheese- Soften the cream cheese beforehand. This makes it easier to work with and makes for a smooth icing.
- Powdered sugar- Powdered sugar is used to sweeten the cream cheese icing and keeps it smooth.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make TikTok Cinnamon Rolls
Use these process shots to help get the results you are wanting. The pictures can help with texture and be a visual guide for best results.
- Add the frozen cinnamon rolls to the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Pour the whipping cream onto the cinnamon rolls.
2. Mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter. Pour the mixture on top of the frozen cinnamon rolls. Cook for 30 minutes.
3. While the cinnamon rolls cook, whip together the cream cheese frosting. A smooth mixture of softened cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
4. When the rolls are done, remove from the oven. Set aside to cool. Once cooled, frost with cream cheese frosting.
Hint: Let the cinnamon rolls cool slightly before adding the cream cheese icing. If you frost them too soon, the icing will melt.
Substitutions and Variations
We love switching things up when we're in the kitchen. Try any of these variations for something a little different
- With Milk- You could use ⅔ cup whole milk instead of cream, but it won't turn out quite the same.
- With half and half or condensed milk- 1:1 substitution for half and half or condensed milk. Just note they will be VERY sweet if you use condensed milk.
- With regular cinnamon rolls- You can do this same process with homemade or regular cinnamon rolls but make sarue the are the same amount of grams, 35 grams.
- With pecans-Add ½ cup pecans to the brown sugar and butter mixture.
- With small Cinnamon Rolls- Make this tiktok famous recipe with smaller cinnamon rolls. Use the same directions as the jumbo ones.
- Rhodes Rolls- Use Rhodes rolls instead of Pilsbury cinnamon rolls, they both have the same amount of grams.
- With apple pie filling- Instead of brown sugar in the brown sugar mixture add ½ cup apple pie filling.
It's super important to let the tiktok cinnamon rolls slightly cool before frosting them. The frosting will melt quickly if you try to frost the icing right away.
You can make these ahead! Prep the pan with the heavy cream, cinnamon rolls, and the brown sugar and butter mixture. Place in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap for 1 day. When ready to make cook as directed.
How To Serve
Storing TikTok Cinnamon Rolls
Store cooked Tik tok Cinnamon Rolls in an airtight container for 2-3 days. You can even freeze this recipe for up to 2 months. Make sure to store the icing and cinnamon rolls separately. If you freeze them together the frosting will be absorbed when thawed.
This tasty breakfast roll is best when eaten warm so be sure to reheat in the microwave or oven when ready to eat again. You can even make these 1 day ahead before cooking!
Be sure to wait around 10 minutes after they come out of the oven to frost. If you frost them too quickly the icing will melt and be absorbed by the bread.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with TikTok Cinnamon Rolls:
Tiktok Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 17.5 oz packages Pillsbury cinnamon rolls 5 jumbo cinnamon rolls in each package
- 1 cup whipping cream
For the brown sugar mixture:
- 5 Tablespoons butter melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Icing:
- 3 ounce cream cheese softened
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- icing from cinnamon roll packages
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish. Remove cinnamon rolls from packaging and place in the pan. Pour whipping cream directly over cinnamon rolls and into the pan, filling the cracks and crevices.
- Pour the brown sugar mixture on top of each cinnamon roll, using a spoon to spread it around evenly. See photos above for a visual reference.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes (until they are cooked through) covered , then 5 minutes uncovered to brown the tops.
- While they bake, make the icing by beating together the softened cream cheese and butter on high until fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Add the vanilla and icing from the cinnamon roll packages and mix until combined. Add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Allow cinnamon rolls to cool for about 10 minutes then spread the icing over the top. This will allow the icing to soak into the cinnamon rolls a little bit, but not too much. Serve warm and enjoy!
- You may have to squish the cinnamon rolls a little bit to fit them all in the pan. This is okay, but if you have to squish them a lot, it's better to remove one or go up in pan size, so they have room to expand and fluff up.
- If you frost the cinnamon rolls immediately after removing from the oven, the icing will almost completely sink into the cinnamon rolls. I found the 8-15 minute time range allowed a little icing to sink in, but not all of it.
- These are best enjoyed warm! Reheat any leftovers in the microwave for best results.
- Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days. These can be frozen and stored for up to 2 months. We recommend storing the icing and cinnamon rolls separately. You can freeze them together, but the icing will absorb into the roll upon thawing.
- Make Ahead: This can be made up to 1 day before baking. Assemble, then store in the refrigerator. Allow to come to room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
Pour heavy cream in the bottom of 9x13 pan. Add jumbo pillsbury cinnamon rolls. Top with a butter and brown sugar with cinnamon mixture. Bake until golden brown and baked all the way through.
This recipe cooks for 3-25 minutes covered with tin foil. Cook for an additional 5 minutes with the cover off to get them golden brown.
Use the giant Pillsbury cinnamon rolls with the cinnabon cinnamon, then follow the directions for tiktok cinnamon rolls using heavy cream and brown sugar for the perfect copycat Cinnabon cinnamon rolls.
Pouring cream over cinnamon rolls makes them tender, fluffy and moist due to the high fat content of heavy cream.
They are very similar and the names are interchangeable. Technically, a cinnamon bun is thinner and will often have the addition of nuts throughout the filling.